Visa payment unsuccessful

sathyajithsr

Hi all,

Today my agent has tried to lodge my 189 visa. Agent said visa was not lodged an an error message came saying "Insufficient Fund".

However there was sufficient credit in the card and I got two alerts from my bank. First one saying the amount was authenticated and the second one saying the amount was declined.

I spoke to the bank and they said the amount has been credited at the first attempt and then it has been a second attempt to the same amount which has been declined due to insufficient funds.

At the end of the day my agent says she couldn't lodge the application and my status of EOI is still "invited" and the EOI is not freezed as well.

As today and tomorrow are holidays in Australia, my agent says she cannot contact DIAC.

I afraid I will lost my money or happen to subject to any fee increments if I couldn't lodge the application on or before 30th June.

Can anyone please help me to come out from this situation?

Hi all,

Today my agent has tried to lodge my 189 visa. Agent said visa was not lodged an an error message came saying "Insufficient Fund".

However there was sufficient credit in the card and I got two alerts from my bank. First one saying the amount was authenticated and the second one saying the amount was declined.

I spoke to the bank and they said the amount has been credited at the first attempt and then it has been a second attempt to the same amount which has been declined due to insufficient funds.

At the end of the day my agent says she couldn't lodge the application and my status of EOI is still "invited" and the EOI is not freezed as well.

As today and tomorrow are holidays in Australia, my agent says she cannot contact DIAC.

I afraid I will lost my money or happen to subject to any fee increments if I couldn't lodge the application on or before 30th June.

Can anyone please help me to come out from this situation?

Can't understand why some agents wait to the very last minute to lodge an application and do not consider the potential issues that may arise from doing this. My agent was the same.

Mine was left to the week before and he had problems filling up the online application due to to an error on the DIBP website. As a result, my application just about got lodged on time, on the actual deadline itself....

My agent told me that if it wasn't lodged on time, then I would have to wait for another invite and start again because immigration would not take responsibility for the technical error on their website.

Don't suppose you have another credit card you could try? If not, might be worth trying your card again in case there was a system glitch.

It's your agents responsibility to do everything possible to get the visa lodged seeing its their stupidity for waiting till the last minute. Good luck!

Can't understand why some agents wait to the very last minute to lodge an application and do not consider the potential issues that may arise from doing this. My agent was the same.

Mine was left to the week before and he had problems filling up the online application due to to an error on the DIBP website. As a result, my application just about got lodged on time, on the actual deadline itself....

My agent told me that if it wasn't lodged on time, then I would have to wait for another invite and start again because immigration would not take responsibility for the technical error on their website.

Don't suppose you have another credit card you could try? If not, might be worth trying your card again in case there was a system glitch.

It's your agents responsibility to do everything possible to get the visa lodged seeing its their stupidity for waiting till the last minute. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply stevie. totally agree with you. my agent is now behaving like this is a fault of me. I checked with the bank. they say the amount has been transferred. This is simply ae error made by the agent while online application.

Now I am trying to contact DIBP to resolve this. we'll see...

These are exactly the kinds of stories, having read others like it, that made my consideration of getting an agent last all of 2 seconds.

If the bank say the money has left the account, and the agent did use the IMMI site, I guess it must mean the payment has been made -- regardless of what the website has recorded.

The bank should be able to verify the details of the recipient as Australian immigration -- my credit card statement had updated within 3 days to show the statement entry confirming the visa charge to them.

Does sound as though you have to contact them directly though to see what's happening with the visa app. Can you not login to the IMMI site yourself? There is a "Manage Payments" button at the top of the page that will show the payments made.

What's with all the agent slander?

1) Like any payment system there can be technical errors, multiple payments taken or payments declined regardless of who lodges it. The most common issue is banks declining very large international payments.

2) Where is it clear that an agent is at fault for this, or is responsible for lodging it at the last minute, or has done anything wrong or stupid?

Too many people on here quick to jump to conclusions and tar a whole industry of professionals that have helped thousands of people achieve their dream.

What's with all the agent slander?

1) Like any payment system there can be technical errors, multiple payments taken or payments declined regardless of who lodges it. The most common issue is banks declining very large international payments.

2) Where is it clear that an agent is at fault for this, or is responsible for lodging it at the last minute, or has done anything wrong or stupid?

Too many people on here quick to jump to conclusions and tar a whole industry of professionals that have helped thousands of people achieve their dream.

My point with respect to this was that I am not comfortable to relinquish control of my application to someone else who's capability and attention to detail I can't confirm; I've read just as many positive comments about agents and I'm sure for some people they are great. Each to their own.

I believe the point being made here about the agents' fault was that the app was left later than it should have been -- given, as you say, that there is an understanding that payments can fail etc. It's now leaving the applicant with very little time to correct the problem.

But anyway, I don't want to hijack someone else's thread with agent pros and cons...

Perhaps the invitation has only just been issued.....

Perhaps the applicant took ages to respond to the agent....

Perhaps the agent has actually done everything they possibly could to lodge the application in a timely fashion.....

I'm reading the thread and nowhere does it mention the agent has been negligent, or delayed anything. People just jumping to conclusions.

I'm not arguing about pros or cons, I just wish people weren't so quick to tarnish the reputation of a whole industry without knowing the facts.

Perhaps the invitation has only just been issued.....

Perhaps the applicant took ages to respond to the agent....

Perhaps the agent has actually done everything they possibly could to lodge the application in a timely fashion.....

I'm reading the thread and nowhere does it mention the agent has been negligent, or delayed anything. People just jumping to conclusions.

I'm not arguing about pros or cons, I just wish people weren't so quick to tarnish the reputation of a whole industry without knowing the facts.

I am certainly not tarnishing the reputation of a whole industry, that would be ridiculous and unfair.

I can only speak about my personal experience with the company that I used, which to put it politely turned out to be a disaster.

The agent had everything that was required from me from the beginning but still decided to leave my application to the last minute. As a result of his carelessness, nearly ended up with my application not getting lodged.

Of course, it's not their fault if the website is down or a technical glitch but leaving an application to the last minute does not allow for potential problems that can and do occur.

Even when it had been lodged he made a balls of it by filling it with incorrect information which I personally had to fix.

Unfortunately I just had a bad company but ironically I am always recommending people to use a migration agent but to choose carefully.

You're quick to label this unknown agent as stupid & irresponsible, yet nowhere did any posts say the agent had delayed anything or acted negligently.

Thanks for your reply stevie. totally agree with you.

This is simply ae error made by the agent while online application.

The OP is also quick to conclude it's an agent error, despite not knowing the system. You enter card details online, the system takes payment, you go to the ImmiAccount and rather than being 'ready to submit' it has changed to 'in progress'. It's all automated and I'm struggling to think of a single way an agent could actually cause an error here, because if they input the wrong details the payment just gets declined and there's no wrong button to press, or any other way they can affect the process.

These are exactly the kinds of stories, having read others like it, that made my consideration of getting an agent last all of 2 seconds.

And this is what happens when people read these kind of threads and just see 'an agent messed up' rather than knowing the details. Intentional or not, it does tarnish the industry.

You're quick to label this unknown agent as stupid & irresponsible, yet nowhere did any posts say the agent had delayed anything or acted negligently.

The OP is also quick to conclude it's an agent error, despite not knowing the system. You enter card details online, the system takes payment, you go to the ImmiAccount and rather than being 'ready to submit' it has changed to 'in progress'. It's all automated and I'm struggling to think of a single way an agent could actually cause an error here, because if they input the wrong details the payment just gets declined and there's no wrong button to press, or any other way they can affect the process.

And this is what happens when people read these kind of threads and just see 'an agent messed up' rather than knowing the details. Intentional or not, it does tarnish the industry.

The only point I was making was that an application should not be left to the last minute. From my experience of this happening to me with a certain company I am sure that there are other shoddy companies that do this too. From the OP post, they said about it needing to be lodged before their deadline. And i seriously doubt that it would have been them delaying the app considering what's at stake.

Like anything in life- you get good ones and bad ones. Hence the importance to do your research before committing yourself to a particular one.

This is an open forum so people will be posting about their experiences too. Of course there will be threads discussing the odd horror story regarding a company. But it would be naive of someone to avoid using an agent because of this, when realistically speaking I'm sure the vast majority of them act very professionally.

Hi,

On the this subject is the price of the visa not fixed at the point of invitation? I have been invited to apply for a 190 but I am waiting on a credit card to come through....If I don't apply before the end of the financial year and the cost of the visa goes up will I be charged the new cost or the cost at the point of invitation?

Thanks in advance!

It is specifically for this reason that we do not use client credit card details for online payment of fees. If anything goes wrong with the payment, insufficient funds, incorrect detail, exceeds daily limit, etc, the delay could be crucial to the application.

I agree that it is not wise to leave applications until the last minute, but sometimes there is no alternative.

It is also not uncommon for applicant’s to leave things until the last minute and then request the Agent to “quickly” fix it. Case in point, I had an enquiry just this morning asking if I can prepare and lodge a Permeant Residency Visa application, to be lodged by close of business today.

It is specifically for this reason that we do not use client credit card details for online payment of fees. If anything goes wrong with the payment, insufficient funds, incorrect detail, exceeds daily limit, etc, the delay could be crucial to the application.

I agree that it is not wise to leave applications until the last minute, but sometimes there is no alternative.

It is also not uncommon for applicant’s to leave things until the last minute and then request the Agent to “quickly” fix it. Case in point, I had an enquiry just this morning asking if I can prepare and lodge a Permeant Residency Visa application, to be lodged by close of business today.

I lodged some applications today, at the last minute. To do so I have guesstimated some dates that I had been asking for some months for clients to provide. The information I uploaded is not false or misleading in material particulars, but I shall most probably have to upload corrections, explanations, or both.

Archived