ACS RPL Reponse

scrappydoo

All,

I receives a response on my ACS RPL, I have a non-ICT degree (B.Tech - Production Engineering) and a work exp. of 9.5 years in IT. Below is snippet of my ACS certificate

-------------------------------

Thank you for your ICT skills assessment which was received by the Australian Computer Society on 1

April 2014.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 263111 (Computer Network and

Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

The following employment after July 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled

level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 07/06 - 04/11 (4yrs 9mths)

Position: Technical Solutions Leader

Employer: Aricent Technologies Holdings Limited

Dates: 04/11 - 03/14 (2yrs 11mths)

Position: Engineer Network Consulting

Employer: Cisco Systems (India) Private Limited

The following employment has been assessed as not suitable.

Dates: 11/04 - 06/06 (0yrs 0mths)

Position: Technical Support Officer - Not Assessable due to Insufficient Documentation

Employer: Convergys India Services Private Limited

-------------------------

Now I'm confused regarding my education, ACS didn't recommend me to any other authority. So does this mean, I won't get points for my education ?

Cheers!

My RPL was a 6 year deduction as I had a non-IT degree. They did not mention my degree and I had read that VETASSESS can be used for a Points Test Advice to show the degree is worth 15 points. However, if you search my post history you will see that WRussell has advised that you do not require this if you can be sure that your degree is equivalent to an Aussie degree.

AS it was , I had already applied for the Points Test and it came back as successful. I did not supply this to DIAC though when applying and I still got my invite. Evidently they must have accepted my degree as WRussell had suggested :)

Just remember that you cannot claim any work experience points due to the 6 year deduction.

Thx GetMeDownUnder,

I tried searching through your post history and I couldn't find a reference on WRussell, I just saw one thread from him suggesting on getting professional help. How can I be sure of my Degree being equivalent to AU degree ? I have B.Tech in Production Engineering. Also reading through VETASSESS, I see the following

Applicants should consult the Assessing Authority which has issued their Skills Assessment as to whether they would provide Points Test Advice for their qualifications. You should be referred to VETASSESS by your relevant skills assessing authority or by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) for a qualifications only assessment to assist DIBP to consider a claim for qualification points in the General Skilled Migration Program (GSM) Points Test. A formal referral is not required, but it is the applicants' responsibility to ensure that they have a Points Test Advice from the correct assessing authority. For further information about the Points Test see the DIBP website at www.immi.gov.au.

I have no referral from ACS or DIBP ? Is that required or should I just go ahead with it ? I'm a little confused.

I also see, you had an IELTS score of 9,9,9,8. Could you give me some tips as I plan to retake my IELTS, my score was (R/L:8.5 | S:7.0 | W:7.5)

Edited by scrappydoo

ACS will not give an opinion on a non-ICT degree.

Vetassess would give an opinion on it through their 'points advice' service, however this isn't mandatory. If you're sure that your degree is equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree, you can go ahead and claim the 15 points. Information from the AEI-NOOSR country education profiles can show whether it's equivalent.

Information from the AEI-NOOSR country education profiles can show whether it's equivalent.

Usually can, but does not always.

There are borderline and case-by-case examples and the wording used in the CEP is open to differing interpretations when read in conjunction with the wording of the GPA/Grade Percentage on some academic transcripts.

Guys,

I'm completely lost. I tried to look AEI-NOOSR website and it has no information on India or I'm unable to locate it. How I can be sure that my B.Tech degree is equivalent to an Australian Degree ?

Post the particulars of your degree. The conferring institution, the duration and the title.

Post the particulars of your degree. The conferring institution, the duration and the title.

Bachelor of Technology (Production Engineering)

Duration : 2000-2004

First Division

College : Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana

University : Punjab Technical University

Edited by scrappydoo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi ,

Please can you send me your ACS project form which you have already submitted .

Cheers

Yogesh

All,

I receives a response on my ACS RPL, I have a non-ICT degree (B.Tech - Production Engineering) and a work exp. of 9.5 years in IT. Below is snippet of my ACS certificate

-------------------------------

Thank you for your ICT skills assessment which was received by the Australian Computer Society on 1

April 2014.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 263111 (Computer Network and

Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

The following employment after July 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled

level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 07/06 - 04/11 (4yrs 9mths)

Position: Technical Solutions Leader

Employer: Aricent Technologies Holdings Limited

Dates: 04/11 - 03/14 (2yrs 11mths)

Position: Engineer Network Consulting

Employer: Cisco Systems (India) Private Limited

The following employment has been assessed as not suitable.

Dates: 11/04 - 06/06 (0yrs 0mths)

Position: Technical Support Officer - Not Assessable due to Insufficient Documentation

Employer: Convergys India Services Private Limited

-------------------------

Now I'm confused regarding my education, ACS didn't recommend me to any other authority. So does this mean, I won't get points for my education ?

Cheers!

Guys,

Can someone let me know if my degree can fetch me 15 points in EOI ? Provided details of my degree earlier.

Appreciate a swift response.

At a quick search, here is what I found:

Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar

Sections :

· Higher Education - SECTION 2

· Technical and Vocational Education - SECTION 2

Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar

Sections :

· Higher Education - SECTION 1

· Technical and Vocational Education - SECTION 2

The comparability of Indian degrees to Australian degrees in the various sections has been posted on this forum several times.

• 2 months later...