Campbelltown suburbs Sydney nsw.

Guest GSXRDAVE

Guest GSXRDAVE

We will hopefully be arriving in july if the house sells and my job will be in campbelltown south west of Sydney cbd.

Ive heard some bad reports of this town and some suburbs but also been given a list of good suburbs by the people im going to work for.

Just wondered if anybody lived around here and what the rental prices were like, also schools shops etc. Thanks:notworthy:

Hiya

We live a few kms further on from Campbelltown in a Suburb called Mount Annan, big estate really, it has shops/McDs/KFC/etc, also Primary and High school, where my two kids go (high school) and I really like it here. We are now looking at buying around here or Harrington Park or Bridgewater nr Camden.

The kids really like school and want us to buy on Mt Annan so they dont have to move.

If you're working in Campbelltown then you could easily commute from any of these Suburbs (unless you dont drive).

Campbelltown does have a bit of a reputation but although I wouldnt want to live there (because I prefer to be more out of town) I havent seen anything bad and I am quite happy to go there shopping a few times a week. There is an older town centre (high st etc) and a new large indoor shopping centre with cinema, bowling, outdoor resturants etc as well as the usual car sales showrooms/Harvey Norman/Betta electrical etc.

My 16 yr old daughter also works at Sizzlers in Campbelltown so I have to go there about 10ish on a Fri & Sat night and all seems ok.

Talking about 16 yr olds, all the teenagers I have met through her are the most polite kids I've ever met.

I think Campbelltown and anywhere down this way get a bit of a bad press just because they aren't 'in Sydney' or near the beach.

We've only been here since Jan but from what I've seen its all good.

Sam x

Ps Keep in touch if you want to, anything else you want to know just shout.

Guest GSXRDAVE

Hiya Sam,

Ive sent you a pm, but what ive read from you has put me at ease abit about the area.

How long does it take to travel to campbelltown from Mt annan, i will be driving either by car or bike (motorcycle).

What are the schools like near you and is it easy to get them in, did you visit a few first to choose a good one.

Where abouts in the uk were you, we are in west yorkshire living in a small market town with the north yorks moors and dales starting about 200 yards away at the end of the road.

Ill be keeping in touch and bugging you for more info no doubt.

Dave.

Campbelltown is only a few k's up the road so during the day its no further than 10 mins or so but morning and evening the traffic is worse. There is only one road from here, well only one I've found anyway, the Narellan Road and it goes past the Uni and Tafe so it gets quite clogged up.

We dont see many moterbikes on the roads and the lanes on the roads are quite narrow, so you may have a 3 lane highway but you'd be hard pushed to get a bike between the cars even when the traffic is at a stand still. Could always use the hard shoulder though if there is one.

As for schools, you are guarenteed a place in your catchment school so you will def get into a school. From what I can gather they are all much the same, Elderslie High has a slightly better reputation than the others maybe but I cant say that its that much better.

My youngest (12) just wanted to go to the nearest school so he could make friends with local kids and my 16 yr old daughter didnt want to go to school at all, so by the time she agreed to go I didnt really care what the school was like!

They both go to Mt Annan High and so far I'm really pleased, not just with the work but with the kids they have met, they are all really nice, polite, friendly etc.

The others to consider are Camden High, Elizabeth Macarthur & Elderslie High. There is a Catholic High School near by but I think its private (dont know how much the fees are) there is also a few Anglican Private Schools too. Let me know if you want any details from them and I'll see what I can find out.

Sam x

It is regularly reported that Campbelltown has one of the highest repossession rates in the country (I'll try to find the article for you). Sydney ( I work for the largest construction material supplier in OZ), is expected to have a massive price correction in the next 2 years and if you buy now, expect your house to be around 10-20% less in value in a few years time.

Guest lee winspear

hi there, its nice to know mount annan and elderslie are good places, we are hopefully due to move over julyish, we went over last year and looked at these 2 places, i loved elderslie, mainly for my two boys age 8 and 14, they have a great bmx park, but mount annan seemed a bit cheaper, i had heard that elderslie high is a good school but also mount annan. i am a hairdresser my hubby a brickie, while we were looking last year we stayed at tne rydges hotel in cambelltown (lovely) but unfortunatley had our hire care broken into, but i suppose you could get that anywhere.

Archived