Hello,

I have got a positive assessment from Engineers Australia and it mentions the following statement regarding my Masters

Your additional qualification from the University of XXX has been assessed as broadly comparable to an Australian Masters degree for the purpose of awarding points for qualifications under the General Skilled Migration points test.

Does it mean that I can claim more points for my Masters? FYI, I intended to claim the following points

English: 10

Overseas skilled employment: 5

Educational qualifications: 15 (Bachelor)

Can I claim additional points for the following criteria as mentioned in the point table?

You have attained a qualification or award recognised by the relevant assessing authority in determining your skills for your nominated occupation. (10 points)

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Regards,

MWN

ok...then why EA said that in the letter?

and what kind of qualification skillSelect is talking about in the statement below?

You have attained a qualification or award recognised by the relevant assessing authority in determining your skills for your nominated occupation. (10 points)

It doesn't matter why EA said that and the other quote is irrelevant to your situation as it refers to trade or informal qualifications.

You get points for one qualification only. If you have a trade qualification (10 points) and a Bachelors (15) and a Masters (15), you can claim 15 for the Masters but nothing for either of the others. If you have a Bachelors and a Masters, you can only claim for one of them i.e. 15 points.