• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

We had our acknowledgement of valid application for our 189 on 16th June, just got 1 overseas police check outstanding to complete the front loading, which is expected any day now. All medicals done. No sign of a CO yet though, hoping that I can get my final police check in before being allocated a CO. Stressful times at the mo.. Doesn't seem to matter how well you've prepared its still nerve racking waiting to see if you've wasted a year of your life and thrown £10k down the drain or not.. Fingers crossed, best wishes to all.. :D

Hi guys..... Quick question!!!

next to the documents you have to provide what are the 3 recommended, required and received? I understand from required to received, but why does it go from recommended to required, and then from required to received?

and, does received mean that they had a look and approved it?

Not sure and no CO yet!!!!

Sitting at home today (in the UK) with sustained anticipation at any news of any sort, I came across this excellent thread! Its tough waiting and like most of you guys I'm sat here wondering the same questions to which there seems to be scarce offical information. I also lodged my application in June but had already completed Meds and PCC (as did my wife and little one) and uploaded all documents required. My immiaccount syas that the documents have been recieved but makes no mention of the Med even though these were undertaken in late March?! Having looked through your posts it seems that no one quite knows if immiaccount details the acknowledgement that meds have been completed - would be helpful if an assigned CO contacted you to say - but it also seems from your posts that sometimes epople are just granted a visa directly as the first contact from a CO - is that right??? To be honest I wouldn't mind which way arouand it is, but it woudl be great to know exactly what I am currently wating for this time - patientce certainly is not one of my characterisitcs.

:eek:

Anyway its been great reading your posts and hearing that I'm not the only one - fingers crossed for us all. And cheers Shelly for starting this great thread.

AHPRA - provisional registration DEC '13, IELTS FEB '14 w:8.5 r:9 S:9, Meds MAR '14, PCC MAY '14, ANMAC LoD 14/6/14, 189 Lodged 21/6/14, excited, nervous and a tiny bit frustrated; currently!

Thanks Kelly, it took some work though as i@m sure you know - Slightly concerned though as my wife is also a nurse (more years post grad than me) but holds a Dip HE rather than a BSc like me and we are trying to work out 1) if we try and register her at all as this seems to be a thorny issue at the mo with Dip HEs or 2) risk it and go over on my visa (once granted) and register there - not sure what the AHPRA are up to at the mo, will they indeed register anymore uk nurses with Dip HE', doesn't look hopeful. When and where are you hoping to go? Oh and although I have my provisional reg with AHPRA (fully registered on presentation at their office with a valid visa) this has a time limit.....I have until the 24th Dec, or i have to go through it all again...AHHHHH....please grant my visa soon.

Sitting at home today (in the UK) with sustained anticipation at any news of any sort, I came across this excellent thread! Its tough waiting and like most of you guys I'm sat here wondering the same questions to which there seems to be scarce offical information. I also lodged my application in June but had already completed Meds and PCC (as did my wife and little one) and uploaded all documents required. My immiaccount syas that the documents have been recieved but makes no mention of the Med even though these were undertaken in late March?! Having looked through your posts it seems that no one quite knows if immiaccount details the acknowledgement that meds have been completed - would be helpful if an assigned CO contacted you to say - but it also seems from your posts that sometimes epople are just granted a visa directly as the first contact from a CO - is that right??? To be honest I wouldn't mind which way arouand it is, but it woudl be great to know exactly what I am currently wating for this time - patientce certainly is not one of my characterisitcs.

Anyway its been great reading your posts and hearing that I'm not the only one - fingers crossed for us all. And cheers Shelly for starting this great thread.

AHPRA - provisional registration DEC '13, IELTS FEB '14 w:8.5 r:9 S:9, Meds MAR '14, PCC MAY '14, ANMAC LoD 14/6/14, 189 Lodged 21/6/14, excited, nervous and a tiny bit frustrated; currently!

Welcome to the thread!!!! Haveyou checked your emedical account for the medicals? Sometimes nothing seems to be on your immi account but you can find out more about you emedical status on the emedical client account! Good luck with you visa ;)

Hi there,

We attended for our medicals on the 21st June and they were uploaded on to the emedical system just under 2 weeks later. Since then I can log into emedical using the HAP ID, DOB and family name and can see the outcome of the x-ray, blood text examination etc. In immiaccount the 'recommended' part hasn't changed but the link underneath to the medical referral letter is no longer there and it now states that medicals are no longer required for this individual.

Did you do your medicals before you lodged your visa then? If so I think you're situation may be different to mine as I only received our HAP IDs following lodgement of the visa application.

Sorry if I haven't been much use to you!

Hi Shelly,

yeah, we did our medicals pre-lodgement as we were informed that this could make the process quicker!! Still nothing different showing on either the eMedical or Immiaccount. I gave our HAP ID numbers in the visa application form and guessed this would register somewhere. I'm sure they have connected the two but ones imagination can't help worrying! This is the thing though I find difficulty in finding any official info that's helpful. Thank heavens for forums, at least there's some support.

has anyone else front loaded their medicals and experienced similar?

Hi Shelly,

yeah, we did our medicals pre-lodgement as we were informed that this could make the process quicker!! Still nothing different showing on either the eMedical or Immiaccount. I gave our HAP ID numbers in the visa application form and guessed this would register somewhere. I'm sure they have connected the two but ones imagination can't help worrying! This is the thing though I find difficulty in finding any official info that's helpful. Thank heavens for forums, at least there's some support.

has anyone else front loaded their medicals and experienced similar?

Hi DavidsuperNurse,

I'm in a similar position, had medicals 2 Feb and applied for the visa 18 Apr. when I go on to the emedical site I can't see anything and on my immi account it states that medical requirements for this individual have not yet been determined. It also says that medical documents are recommended in the upload documents section. This is the same for my wife and son also.

I do have a CO who requested extra documentation (form 80 and discharge documents) but not medicals. This would leave me to believe that they can see them but I did email my CO last week to confirm that, as we have been waiting 11 weeks now.

When (if) I get confirmation they can see my medical documents I will let you know.

Hi DavidsuperNurse,

I'm in a similar position, had medicals 2 Feb and applied for the visa 18 Apr. when I go on to the emedical site I can't see anything and on my immi account it states that medical requirements for this individual have not yet been determined. It also says that medical documents are recommended in the upload documents section. This is the same for my wife and son also.

I do have a CO who requested extra documentation (form 80 and discharge documents) but not medicals. This would leave me to believe that they can see them but I did email my CO last week to confirm that, as we have been waiting 11 weeks now.

When (if) I get confirmation they can see my medical documents I will let you know.

Hello there!

Can you please clarify what is the form 80? Is it needed in addition of the pcc or instead?

Thanks

Edited by Matamanoa

shellyk666

Did you do your medicals and PCC before officer requested them or after that?

Hi 4kusnik

As far as I'm aware we haven't been allocated a case officer yet. We have done our PCCs and Medicals already though as I'm keen to avoid any hold-ups. We're keeping everything crossed for a direct grant! What's your situation?

Shelly x

This is from the email the CO sent me. Form 80 is a bit of a pain but not everyone gets asked to do it. My advise would be to do it though, we never and was then asked to do so...

Form 80

All applicants over 16 years of age are requested to complete and return a Form 80 Personalparticulars for assessment including character assessment, which is available on our websiteat http://www.immi.gov.au/myvisa/form80.

Please note that this form is required regardless of whether or not a copy has been previouslyprovided.

Evidence of Character

In order to be granted a visa for entry to Australia you must meet the character test. Bothapplicants must provide a police clearance certificate from each country where they havelived for a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years, these 12 months are calculatedcumulatively, not consecutively.

Hello there!

Can you please clarify what is the form 80? Is it needed in addition of the pcc or instead?

Thanks

From what I understand the form 80 is quite a lengthy form about the applicant that a case officer *sometimes* asks to be completed. People often don't complete it unless specifically asked. I don't know what it contains though. I'm confident it's not instead of the pcc, it's in addition to.

yeah its additional to the PCC. There are plenty of people who don't do it and are never asked and it is lengthy, thats why my advise would be to do it if you can, because if you don't and you are then asked for it, it can take a while to gather all your information causing further delays to your application.

Hi 4kusnik

As far as I'm aware we haven't been allocated a case officer yet. We have done our PCCs and Medicals already though as I'm keen to avoid any hold-ups. We're keeping everything crossed for a direct grant! What's your situation?

Shelly x

Hi shellyk666

I've been assigned an officer on June 5th and he requested to do medicine check. I did my medicine on June 19th so as I can see from you signature our situations (timelines) are almost the same. ;-)

Edited by 4kusnik

Hi shellyk666

I've been assigned an officer on June 5th and he requested to do medicine check. I did my medicine on June 19th so as I can see from you signature our situation is almost the same. ;-)

hello 4kusnik

you had CO allocated on June 5th, can I ask when did you lodge the visa application?