You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Parley

Renewing UK passport from Australia. Have to send Australian passport to UK.

There is a huge uproar here in uk about the delays. Personally, I think it because of the summer holidays looming, as we got both our passports renewed last November and it only took a week. There is 3 million people applying to the uk passport office at the moment. Anyone who can hold off renewing should do!

Edited by Sandyp
extra info

I dont really see the point of paying to keep my UK passport now i have an Aussie one and knowing you now have to send your Aussie one off with the application makes it an easier decision for me, partly because, knowing my luck it would get lost in transit and id be left with no passports,lol.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

It's much easier to get into the UK than Australia, so that's probably a wise decision, and the reason I never gave up my australian citizenship

Not sure if this helps The HM Passport Office 'supporting documents' small print state "uncancelled non-british passports : we strongly prefer to receive the passport. However in exceptional circumstances where you may need to retain the passport we will accept a full colour photocopy of the entire passport including visa pages."

sorry link broken but follow the prompts and it will take you to the supporting doc page

Hello, has anyone got any updates on the status of the backlog of applications. I need to renew my sons passport to his first adult passport!! I have held off given the chaos that was going on. Also has anyone dicovered why we have to send copies of dual nationality passports? I am so paranoid and skeptical about the reasons behind this. I am going to "attempt" to contact them and find out why. My sons have dual as I am an Australian but they were born in the UK. ( I am already reeling at finding that they will have to apply as international students if they want to attend UK Unis?) Thanks all

Me again. I have another question, Has anybody used the online application system to get a FIRST ADULT PASSPORT for a child that already has a passport but has turned 16? There does not seem to be a box to tick for that? Thanks again