WANT A GREAT CURRY.....Like home

micklemuss

Guys I'm sure many of you may know this already but I must spread the word! Since being in Oz and living in Murrumba Downs we have mainly missed a good curry!!! Despite trying every local take away, they have all been rather pants......until we discovered THE SPICE AVENUE in BIRKDALE. Family owned with chefs from Wolverhampton this place is fantastic!!!!! (British beer sold here to) We take the 40 minute drive and it's worth every KM!!!

they get very busy so you must book, do it and please post your replies, you will thank me I promise!!!

Enjoy!!!!

We have settled for having the best curries at home! Either made from scratch (with the help of pastes), or with a good jar sauce like the fab Aldi ones with the pot of spices at the top - Dopiaza and Jalfrezi are our faves, with either cubed lamb rump or chicken tenderloin.

Found Spice Avenue so-so, bit far to go and not as good as home-cooked. Better than any other curry house we've tried in Aus though!

New'sh curry house in Mooloolaba on the Brisbane rd, close to the sea front.

Called Curry time, run by a British couple.

I'm not a great curry eater so I had a mild one, but it might be worth a try if you are local.

New'sh curry house in Mooloolaba on the Brisbane rd, close to the sea front.

Called Curry time, run by a British couple.

I'm not a great curry eater so I had a mild one, but it might be worth a try if you are local.

tried it, and sadly disappointed, over spiced, and lacking in meat ( chicken marsala ordered) - :arghh:

Guys I'm sure many of you may know this already but I must spread the word! Since being in Oz and living in Murrumba Downs we have mainly missed a good curry!!! Despite trying every local take away, they have all been rather pants......until we discovered THE SPICE AVENUE in BIRKDALE. Family owned with chefs from Wolverhampton this place is fantastic!!!!! (British beer sold here to) We take the 40 minute drive and it's worth every KM!!!

they get very busy so you must book, do it and please post your replies, you will thank me I promise!!!

Enjoy!!!!

Spice avenue is a good British style curry would go more often but it's a bit far out of town

I do also really enjoy sitar in Albion. Its also a 5 min walk from my place so maybe I'm biased.

• 5 months later...
Guest Guest100417

Hi,

Me and my wife are coming to Australia end of next year on permanent visa's (189) and I have to admit being a true Englishman, I had worried about missing a good curry (that not English ironically) looks like I'll have a few to 'sample' so can't wait!!

Seems like Qld is the place to be for a good curry ... We've been in NSW for 27 yrs and yet to find a good one here , plus the weathers shite ... Oh God I feel chronic homesickness coming on ..

Dave C

Spice avenue I love it , best curry house ! I have chicken tikka massal , hubby as a madras , and the chicken is beautiful proper breast , you have about 10 pieces of chicken , I can never eat a full one anyway , I have a doggie bag . But the whole family in spice avenue are really lovely and they take there time to come and have a chat with you too. Best curry I've had since being in oz , and I like my massala sweet so he drops me a bit of sweet chilli in and gets it to perfection :) I go every week when hubbies here sometimes twice a week , when hubbies not here I go in for takeaway :)

Edited by Shellybingobingo