Got approval of 457 visa. What is the time frame to start work in .

St kilda to perth

Hello everybody,

I am very new to this forum, and I hope i might get help from the members of this forum.

I applied on offshore 457 visa last year and got approval of 457 visa, and I arrived in Australia on 1st of May. I need to know when I need to start my employment with my employer.

As I have an agent who is telling me, I applied offshore so I need to start employment in 28 days after arrival in Australia.

But immigration website says 90 days but doesnt mentions onshore application or offshore application.

My employer is asking me to start bit late, as his office is under renowation. So might take couple of weeks more.

I am here with my husband, two kids and sister. And I dont want to take any chance.

Please help. As I am getting restless, and panicking, because I dont want to breach my 457 visa contract, and want to stay here and get PR.

I would like to request everyone and anyone who knows about 457 visa, and can help me, and may have had a similar situation in past or recently.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Natasha

Hello Natasha

I've been on a 457 for a few years. But take my advice like a grain of salt like the last few posters said - consult your MA.

In 2013 they changed the rules so 457 visa holders can have 90 days to look for new work when their previous employment terminated. It was previously 28 days. Perhaps your MA was referring to that?