MovingtoTasmania

MovingtoTasmania Recipe Thread

57 posts in this topic

don't the onions govern the thickness of the sauce ?

No :laugh:

Moneycorp
Moneycorp
No :laugh:

ermmmm could it be the mushrooms then .....nar not mushroom for them in a good curry ......

ermmmm could it be the mushrooms then .....nar not mushroom for them in a good curry ......

No, nothing to do with mushrooms. It's directly related to the liquid that you're putting in. You cook the curry until it's reached the consistency you want and the "broken" effect is the tomatoes. More onions = more masala. You will always put the same amount of liquid in (liquid = water/curd etc) but what consistency and texture is not to do with onions, but cooking technique, ingredients and cooking time.

Unless you want to cook like an Indian takeaway, in which case you make a sauce base and then added cooked meat/poultry/fish to the sauce. IRL for South Asians, cooking isn't done like that I'm afraid.

This is a really nice recipe, MT. Is there anything you have added to make up for the taste of the vinegar?

This is a really nice recipe, MT. Is there anything you have added to make up for the taste of the vinegar?

Sorry for the delay in replying @koti as I've moved to Australia now. You shouldn't be able to taste the vinegar, you should just get a tang that cuts through the spice x

Sorry for the delay in replying @koti as I've moved to Australia now. You shouldn't be able to taste the vinegar, you should just get a tang that cuts through the spice x

Welcome to OZ! Hope you are enjoying the summer.

Welcome to OZ! Hope you are enjoying the summer.

Loving it but feel a bit cold this morning