Is is advisable to include dependents in application 189

alimansoor

Dear Friends,

I am planning to apply for sub class 189 visa. My plan is to apply as a single applicant . Once i get the visa, look for a job , get settled and then later apply for the family visa..

I came to know that it is very difficult to apply for family at later stage, so it is better to include dependents now.

What do you guys suggest?

What family members are you talking about and how are they dependent? There is the slight risk of one fail all fail, so you must be sure they count as dependent under immigration eligability. E.g. children under 18 clearly no prob, parent- depends on circumstances.

You'll still need to pay for Medicals if you did it your way, which would likely need to be repeated by applying separately. It's alot cheaper and faster to include them on the 189 application. Cost extra $2600 on 189 and nearly $4000 by offshore partner visa, which takes 8-9 months.

Actually, I do not have a plan to move to Oz immediately as i hold a good job and position currently. Applying for all of them means that it is mandatory to take them along for validating the visa which could a significant cost. As the intention was not to move immediately. I thought of applying for them later. Now that you guys have helped me rethink and include them as migrating applicant.

Actually, I do not have a plan to move to Oz immediately as i hold a good job and position currently. Applying for all of them means that it is mandatory to take them along for validating the visa which could a significant cost. As the intention was not to move immediately. I thought of applying for them later. Now that you guys have helped me rethink and include them as migrating applicant.

What you save in validating costs, you will pay plus more on a spouse and dependent visa so you aren't going to save anything whatsoever. In fact, by the time you pay for 2 lots of medicals for them, costs to keep yourself going in Australia and them going in whichever country you are from as you will need to support them, I am not seeing any savings here whatsoever to be honest. Plus, you will have to be away from them for around 9 months, assuming you are off shore in the UK? Different countries have different processing times and some are a lot longer than 9 months. You have to consider all these costs. A plane ticket and holiday accommodation will be nothing in comparison