Your thoughts on Bristol?

Aunt Agatha

My daughter's going to uni there in September (as long as she manages three As!), so I'll be doing that journey quite a lot over the next three years! We're thinking of sending her stuff down by road and flying down to meet it..

I love the West Country - so pretty.

Hi, I grew up in Bristol, started life in Henbury, average. Then ended up in St Anne's, good middle of the road area, not too trashy and also not too snobby like other parts, would live there again. Went back last year for the first time in 13 years. Wow how Bristol has changed, to be honest if I could persuade my other half I would move back tomorrow. Currently live near the beach in Qld. Awesome for a holiday, normal life give me Bristol anyway.

Hi

We used to live in weston super mare too which is not far from Bristol and I have a friend who lives there and I also used to work in the centre, like any city it has it's good parts and bad parts - you're right clifton is probably one of the nicest area's, hence the price, if you want more for your money you're better of looking on the outskirts i.e. dundry, barrow gurney, long ashton portishead, gordano, clevedon they're all easy to get to bristol from and also have a nice villagey feel to them, unless of course you like being in the city.

The transport is pretty good in and around bristol and it's also very accessible to the motorway for going down south, london, wales or north.:wink:

Brilliant, thanks so much everyone. I like being close to a city but am happy not to live in one. I'll Google all of your suggestions.

Caramac I chose between Bristol and Manchester for my undergrad and picked the latter for its music scene and politics at the time but remember thinking Bristol uni sounded fantastic. Good idea re flying down, could be an option for us for family visits.

Brilliant, thanks so much everyone. I like being close to a city but am happy not to live in one. I'll Google all of your suggestions.

Caramac I chose between Bristol and Manchester for my undergrad and picked the latter for its music scene and politics at the time but remember thinking Bristol uni sounded fantastic. Good idea re flying down, could be an option for us for family visits.

She looked at M'cr too, but it's too big for her. Shame really, as I grew up near there and thought it was a great city for young people. Bristol is lovely - not too big, but everything you need. As someone else said, easy access to London, lovely countryside and not too far from the coast.

You've got some good options for places to move back to! :smile: