Etihad airways

BestyBlue

I have flown to Sydney with Etihad from Mcr, they were brilliant. They have Flying Nannies now (didn't have these when I flew with them) to help with the kids, they have special kids meals in animal boxes (my daughter had a pear mouse with a chocolate tail etc, it was brilliant!)...we are flying with them again in Dec. Highly recommend them.

Thanks Lizzywills, that's put my mind at rest. Especially regarding the kids!

Have others had this experience too?

I have flown to Sydney with Etihad from Mcr, they were brilliant. They have Flying Nannies now (didn't have these when I flew with them) to help with the kids, they have special kids meals in animal boxes (my daughter had a pear mouse with a chocolate tail etc, it was brilliant!)...we are flying with them again in Dec. Highly recommend them.

Guest Dave53

Yes , I've flown Etihad a few times , between Sydney , London and Manchester . They are a pretty good airline offering similar service levels as Emirates . For a 500GBP cost difference ,I would choose them over Emirates . I have found their cabin staff a little indifferent at times though , something that seems to happen with Emirates also .. My overall choice would go to Singapore Airlines .. Have you considered them ? ..

Dave C

I've seen good deals with Etihad and will perhaps use them but a friend who does a ridiculous amount of flying has told me to be careful with their excess baggage charges as I'll be taking a bike with me. I still say that after 24 hours on a plane, I have usually come close to going mad but if they have touch screens and a USB charger, I'll go with the cheapest.

Edited by Chall77

Hi

Has anyone flown with Etihad recently? If so, would you recommend them and do you think they are well set up for kids?

Ideally I wanted to fly Emirates, but they are £500 more expensive.

Thanks

If you mean economy, well I wouldn't pay extra £500 for one versus the other. Much of a muchness after 24 hours.

Etihad it is then. Thanks everyone :)

Point noted about the stop over, will try and find one that is as short as possible.

I think 30kg's is pretty good too, not forgetting that there will be the hand luggage allowance on top. Hopefully we'll just about squeeze everything in between the three of us.

We did also look at Singapore airlines, they were coming up about £200 more than Etihad. If you had all come back with horror stories I was planning on booking with them, as have heard loads of good reviews. Should be booking our flights within the next couple of weeks, so fingers crossed the prices don't decide to suddenly rise.

Thanks again :-)