Anyone lodged 820 partner visa this year?

iloveaussie

• 2 weeks later...

This won't be much help, since i cancelled the visa app, but I did lodge an 820 visa in january, I got an acknowledgment email with expected processing times and that they'd be in touch soon. It was signed by a CO. Obviously It was cancelled so don't know what would have happened after that.

• 1 month later...

Some people applying for this visa are posting in the partner visa thread. I know I read one person today who is on shore and is 8 months in and yet to hear from a CO. It is normal though not to hear anything for a while as it's often a year plus to grant.

Some people applying for this visa are posting in the partner visa thread. I know I read one person today who is on shore and is 8 months in and yet to hear from a CO. It is normal though not to hear anything for a while as it's often a year plus to grant.

Ah ah well that sucks! I hate my life being on hold! Thanks for replying to my feed though!

Just curious if anyone has lodged a 820 partner visa since January 2014 and either been granted, got a case officer or heard something since?

(With all documents/checks required put in too)

Lodged January. guess it was 16th? or around.

I received email about 2 weeks ago that the CO is about to be assigned to my application.

Got a health check, and sent some more information a week ago.

Waiting for update on my application.

• 4 weeks later...
Lodged January. guess it was 16th? or around.

I received email about 2 weeks ago that the CO is about to be assigned to my application.

Got a health check, and sent some more information a week ago.

Waiting for update on my application.

Have you been granted your visa now?

Mines been in 4 months now.. Feels like a year!

Have you been granted your visa now?

Mines been in 4 months now.. Feels like a year!

I've emailed them twice ever since I received email saying CO will be assigned soon, but not a word from immigration.

Check VEVO status almost everyday, of course no change.

Might call them soon, lol.

For me it has been 7 months..

As soon as I finally forget (don't care too much) about my visa application progress, they remind me. and now no word again for few months.

Sigh..

No kids, never married, we lived with my parents for almost the entire duration, the other half was in a house share, no large joint assets, no joint bank account - we had been together in a defacto relationship for 18months.

we had applied for a BVB and they contacted us to grant the partner visa instead - we were very lucky, certainly not the norm, we had expected not to hear a single thing until 18months after submitting.

No kids, never married, we lived with my parents for almost the entire duration, the other half was in a house share, no large joint assets, no joint bank account - we had been together in a defacto relationship for 18months.

we had applied for a BVB and they contacted us to grant the partner visa instead - we were very lucky, certainly not the norm, we had expected not to hear a single thing until 18months after submitting.

wow! That's amazing. I wonder how you got so lucky! There's people who lodged theirs last year an still haven't had a word off immigration! I hope mine gets lucky too :)

I'm so desperate to leave my current employer, they aren't paying me correctly or giving me enough hours, it's so hard to survive on a part time wage but I'm unable to tell immigration that right now otherwise I will end up on a no works right bridging visa an unable to leave the country! Which I plan on going back to England for Christmas an it's a lot of money to lose if I can't leave!