Australian Post, now that's a joke!

Jameister

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something people may not know is that from December, Australia Post will extend their delivery service of parcels to 6 days a week. You now can get your parcel delivered on a Saturday too.

In the future though there will be a reduction in the delivery of letters to 3 or 4 days a week.

These days 90% of letter mail comes from a business, eg bills, bank statements etc.

Aust Post plan to approach businesses first and work out a new delivery model for all this mail. A standard service may be Mon,Wed, Fri only. The business could pay for a premium service (and day etc).

Letter business is dying and costing Aus Post money an d this will get worse as more and more people are getting bills and statements electronically.

The parcel business is growing and Aus Post will expand this service while cutting back on the letter delivery service.

http://auspost.com.au/about-us/extended-delivery-services.html

Am I missing something ? They do deliver the post you get it in that thing called a postbox. If you're not home to receive a package it's hardly the posties fault.

Yes you are missing something, the whole point of this topic. It's not about whether they can fit the parcel into the postbox.

I think some of you on here haven't experienced what the rest if us have but when your expecting a delivery of a parcel and your left with the inconvenience of going to the Australia Post shop depo to collect, knowing that you were in the house to receive it it's very frustrating.

When I first arrived in Sydney I experienced this, expecting a microwave to be delivered and was in all day just to receive a card saying they attempted delivery. The added in convenience here was the fact I didn't have a car, I lived in Neutral Bay and the nearest collection point was St.Leonards

I had to ask a friend to drive me to the collection point which was a 20min drive, imagine if I didn't have a car?

When I collected the parcel I asked the person why the postie didn't deliver and she told me that it was probably a contractor and they do this all the time.

All I could do was file a complaint not that it come to anything.

Now, admittedly the post box in Sydney was at the top of a driveway and I lived in a block of 4 flats on the 1st floor. So this, I thought may of been the reason but when I was told this happens all the time and there was nothing they can do I was shocked.

Here in Perth, I live in a house, very accessible post box and the distance from the post box to the door is approximately 5 metres. I was surprised to see that the undeliverable cards continued.

Something people may not know is that from December, Australia Post will extend their delivery service of parcels to 6 days a week. You now can get your parcel delivered on a Saturday too.

In the future though there will be a reduction in the delivery of letters to 3 or 4 days a week.

These days 90% of letter mail comes from a business, eg bills, bank statements etc.

Aust Post plan to approach businesses first and work out a new delivery model for all this mail. A standard service may be Mon,Wed, Fri only. The business could pay for a premium service (and day etc).

Letter business is dying and costing Aus Post money an d this will get worse as more and more people are getting bills and statements electronically.

The parcel business is growing and Aus Post will expand this service while cutting back on the letter delivery service.

http://auspost.com.au/about-us/extended-delivery-services.html

Sounds like evolution to me. The letter business is in decline and we have a growing parcel business. More competition will raise standards too like in the UK. Less letter deliveries for sure but parcel tracking and better delivery.

who carries it is not the point but the service is...if you get paid for a job do it.... and indeed often it is a LETTER sized and would fit in so it is clear that the POSTIE carries it

Parcel post is done by contractors not your postie. Small packages that can be carried by your "average postie on a bike" (who, although not a contractor is invariable employed on a part-time temp position) are left to the discretion of the postie as to whether they are left or not.................Aus post receives thousands of complaints about small packages getting damp in the letterbox, nicked etc so prefer, (thereby "turning a blind eye" to the postie), the recipient to pick it up from the post office

You wrong there and why would I call something a Letter Box if it is parcel size so it is a Post Box to me since the use is universal.

and like it or not 90 per cent of the time I am home when the postman ( or postie as you call it) delivers.

He just never makes it off his moped or his van (or whatever he uses to deliver the post, could be a donkey what I know)

and it is not about what country and what nationality. It is about doing a job or not. And I do not care if you are a martian, if you are a postie, you should deliver the post because that is your job. Period

Am I missing something ? They do deliver the post you get it in that thing called a postbox. If you're not home to receive a package it's hardly the posties fault.