You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Alan Collett

End of Parent and Aged Parent visas?

Browsing the Budget papers (as one does on a Tuesday evening) ... and noted this:

The 2014‑15 Migration Programme will have 190,000 places and maintain the composition of 128,550 Skilled Stream places, 60,885 Family Stream places and 565 Special Eligibility Stream places.

The Skilled Stream will continue to focus on Australia's longer term skills needs, including addressing skills shortages in regional Australia.

The Family Stream will refocus on meeting the increasing demand for close family reunions. The additional partner and child places will be made available as a result of the cessation of new applications from the other family and parent (non‑contributory) places. This cessation will also enable faster processing of existing applications.

(Source: http://www.budget.gov.au/2014-15/content/bp2/html/bp2_expense-16.htm , scroll down to Migration Programme — allocation of places for 2014‑15)

Looks like the end of subclass 103 (Parent) and 804 (Aged Parent) visa options imminently - likely to be from the end of next month.

Also the Remaining Relative visa option looks likely to go - reading between the lines.

In case of need: http://www.gm-parent-visas.com/

Best regards.

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com

Wow, that will scupper a lot of people's plans!

Has two beautiful Aussie little girls :-)

Wow, that will scupper a lot of people's plans!

Not if applicants move quickly ... if you can't get to Australia and lodge onshore before the end of next month (assuming the cut off doesn't impact sooner) go for a 103 to keep your (financial) options open ... and do it now because there will be a rush of applications, you can be reasonably assured of that.

Best regards.

For people who have been planning on moving, waiting the two years and then bringing their parents over it will be a shock. Especially if they are only just here and starting their lives.

Has two beautiful Aussie little girls :-)

Does this include 143 visa?

Nickname: Steely - 143 Parent Visa Lodged 30th May 2014. Tax Receipt 5th June 2014. Acknowledged 13th January 2015. Police Checks completed October 2015. Medicals completed 22nd March 2016. Form 80 completed 6th April 2016. AOS Letter received 13th May 2016. Arrived in Perth 2nd June 2016. AOS paid 3rd June 2016. 2nd VAC Request 22 July 2016, Visa's granted 26th July 2016.

They sneaked that one in, well spotted.

Jeremy Corbyn on the EU  " A European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anybody"

Does this include 143 visa?

Nope.

Best regards.

Hi Allan,

Hope you are well.

May I ask if this includes the contrubutory parent visa?

Many Thanks

Hi Allan,

Hope you are well.

May I ask if this includes the contrubutory parent visa?

Many Thanks

No, it doesn't.

Best regards.

Many Thanks Alan - that is a relief! I have actually spoken to you previously on the phone (not via the forum) about the visa and when my parent is ready to get the ball rolling we will definitely be in touch again as we don't want to do the application ourselves.

Guest Vixenpops

This seriously sucks

I moved here 18 months ago based on the fact that my mum can join us in December when she turns 65 on the Aged Parent Visa and I have been here 2 years so meet the settled criteria

I hope there is a bloody long lead time as this really makes some hard lifestyle choices for people who have made decisions based on the information provided to them by immigrations

I really doubt there will be any lead time at all, Vixen. My guess is this will probably be rolled out for the new financial year, which starts 1 July. Of course, I'm not an agent, so that's only a guess.

Applied for PMV 300: 18 April 2013 (Washington, D.C.) Police Checks: Front-loaded. Medicals: 3 June 2013 Meds Referred: ? Meds Cleared: 8/2013 PMV GRANTED: 03 JAN 2014! Married: March 2014. Applied for 820: 28 April 2014. 820 GRANTED: 07 July 2014!

Alan, I'm wondering what your take is on the planning levels shown here. Are these not accurate or outdated?

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

Applied for PMV 300: 18 April 2013 (Washington, D.C.) Police Checks: Front-loaded. Medicals: 3 June 2013 Meds Referred: ? Meds Cleared: 8/2013 PMV GRANTED: 03 JAN 2014! Married: March 2014. Applied for 820: 28 April 2014. 820 GRANTED: 07 July 2014!

How will these changes impact current partner visa applicants - i applied in feb wondering if the 8/9 month waiting time will be reduced if as it says more places will b available?

Alan, I'm wondering what your take is on the planning levels shown here. Are these not accurate or outdated?

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

Hi CollegeGirl.

My understanding is that this schedule showing the planning levels for 2014/15 reflects the announcement made by the Minister yesterday:

http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media/sm/2014/sm214434.htm

Best regards.

I understand that it is normally possible to add a partner to the 103 application after it has been lodged, but not processed. I wonder, will this still be the case if the application is lodged before the end of June, but then the visa is scrapped, would it still be possible to add a partner after June? Just posting for a friend.

Will this change affect applications that have already been submitted but not completed? My parents are on the bridging visa while their 804 is decided. They are at the stage where they have to go for a medical to be placed on the waiting list.

The announcement refers to "cessation of new applications" so I'd assume existing applications are still eligible.

Thanks Maggie May24, I hope this is the case. I couldnt bear it if my parents had to leave. My sister lives here too so my parents have no family at all left in the UK. Fingers crossed!

Thanks Alan for continuing to provide us with information on Poms in Oz. I really appreciate it.

103 visa application lodged February 2013. 143 visa application submitted January 2016. Police checks and form 80 submitted February 29th 2016. Visa granted April 4th 2016.

Just to add to Alan's post, it seems that it's not just the aged parent visas and the Remaining Relative visas that are likely to disappear: the Carer and Aged Dependant visas are also likely to be axed. If you are planning to apply, and you are fortunately enough in that you can apply now, you really should get your applications in asap.

Migration Consultant

Registered Migration Agent Number: 0301155

info@sortoutmyvisa.com

http://www.immi.gov.au/Live/Pages/certain-family-visas-closure.aspx

Added to DIBP website today ... (Thursday 22 May, 2014)

Best regards.

Guest Vixenpops

:((((((((((

there goes my kids school fees!!!!

http://www.gm-parent-visas.com/contributory-parent-visas-options-following-the-end-of-parent-and-aged-parent-visas/

Blog post on the visa choices for parents following the end of parent and aged parent visas for new applicants.

Hopefully of help to some who are affected by the recent announcement.

Best regards.