Anyone else waiting forever for a passport renewal?

johnosmad

Hi all.

I lodged an application for a renewal of my passport on the 29th Mar and old passport/paperwork was sent by courier and arrived on the 4th April, I have called them a few times and they are absolutely useless, I was supposed to be flying to HK tomorrow morning but my passport doesn't seem to have left the UK let alone arrived in Perth, is anyone else currently waiting a long time or is it just me? the website advises at least 4 weeks from receipt of docs and on Friday it will be 6 weeks,

On a seperate note do I need to link my visa to the new passport or is it all electronic now?

Cheers

Hi, sounds a bit odd, shouldnt be taking that long. You say that the passport hasnt left the Uk yet. Your passport is processed in Australia by the British high Commission. I would make further enquiries if i were you.

Cheers

Are they not still done in NZ?

Hi, sounds a bit odd, shouldnt be taking that long. You say that the passport hasnt left the Uk yet. Your passport is processed in Australia by the British high Commission. I would make further enquiries if i were you.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply, I think that was the old way,now it is all done in the UK

Hi all.

I lodged an application for a renewal of my passport on the 29th Mar and old passport/paperwork was sent by courier and arrived on the 4th April, I have called them a few times and they are absolutely useless, I was supposed to be flying to HK tomorrow morning but my passport doesn't seem to have left the UK let alone arrived in Perth, is anyone else currently waiting a long time or is it just me? the website advises at least 4 weeks from receipt of docs and on Friday it will be 6 weeks,

On a seperate note do I need to link my visa to the new passport or is it all electronic now?

Cheers

Yes you do need to link your visa to your new passport (and THEN it will be electronic :))

Cheers

Nope, mine was done through the UK and I only renewed mine a few months ago. Took about 4 weeks, even though I had a complicated change of name.

Hi all.

Cheers

I lodged mine online on May 8th, posted May 10th, royalmail confirmed it was delivered May 16th, I called today as there online system said they still hadn't got it. They confirmed they had received it, that's it. Advised it will take up to 6 weeks as it's now their busy time of the year.... It's such a terrible level of service from them.