AHPRA application

Usually 4-8 weeks, which is a enough when all other areas of nursing must be addressed as well. Many new graduates are offered mental health graduate years, where they are placed in acute- community, but complete a graduate certificate in mental health nursing from their chosen university. So you see if anyone educated in the past 18 years in Australia tells you the are a mental health practitioner, thry would be general degree educated with a BNURS then have at least a GRDCert in MN. I suppose with all the cutbacks and so many new Australian new grads scabbling for new grad positions that they need only to consider the Australian way of Mental health nurse education and their are 2 pathways, get a job as an RN general educated in Mental health but has interest and is doing a post grad MN or be a new graduate and get a Mental health grad year.

You really need to find an Uk educated mental health nurse or get some experience and then apply.

Edited by ceridwyn

Hi all just applying to AHPRA, just wandered if they accept all the documents I sent to ANMAC as most of the documents they require are with ANMAC so it seems silly to get another load of documents certified? I have already e mailed ANMAC and they are happy to send them to AHPRA via overnight courier has anyone else done this?

Guest NuriootpaSA

From what I can gather, the problems seem to be centred around specific items in the new AHPRA evidence requirements. Quite a few nurses are forgetting to include simple things (Certificate of Good standing) being one of the most highlighted. This is available from the NMC in the UK. I hear a lot of stories about UK nurses trying to "scrimp" on the cost of having documents witnessed. This is fine if you can get away with it, but AHPRA won't let too much go these days. Ring your local court to get a JP to sign all your documents, Notaries are decidedly expensive. BTW we need a Midwife up here in the Barossa Valley if anybody's interested. No sponsorship though.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I am a UK Diploma trained nurse ( a 3 year university course ) and I was assessed by ANMAC as having equivalent to a degree. But, I am still waiting for a decision from AHPRA since February this year.

Has anyone, who has a nursing Diploma, recently succesfully registered with AHPRA please? As I am starting to get very worried.

Thanks

Have any Diploma nurses recently succesfully been accepted by AHPRA?

I am waiting for a decision from AHPRA and I am a Diploma nurse with a small CPD module I just completed at University.

Does this mean that I will be refused by AHPRA?

Why would they string me along like this for so long? I did the ANMAC and then applied to AHPRA - and have constantly supplied evidence that AHPRA have requested over a period of months - and then to be refused at the end of that long process for something so simple as not having a degree just does not make sense. Why didnt they tell me that at the beginning of the application process - it would have saved us both a lot of agravation? - See more at: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/jobs-careers/198551-whats-happening-aphra-53.html#sthash.YjzXgaB8.dpuf

Have any Diploma nurses recently succesfully been accepted by AHPRA?

I am waiting for a decision from AHPRA and I am a Diploma nurse with a small CPD module I just completed at University.

Does this mean that I will be refused by AHPRA?

Why would they string me along like this for so long? I did the ANMAC and then applied to AHPRA - and have constantly supplied evidence that AHPRA have requested over a period of months - and then to be refused at the end of that long process for something so simple as not having a degree just does not make sense. Why didnt they tell me that at the beginning of the application process - it would have saved us both a lot of agravation? - See more at: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/jobs-careers/198551-whats-happening-aphra-53.html#sthash.YjzXgaB8.dpuf

I'm sorry to say you're in the same boat as probably hundreds of us by now! Some have been waiting since last September! like you, with positive ANMAC assessment, and some already with PR visas! (me included!) would seem that us Diploma nurses are being made to do the bridging programme at best! All I can say is you're not alone, and yes, it is incredibly unfair, but if Oz is what we want, then we have to jump though those hoops!

Edited by geordiegirl68
grammar

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am a diploma nurse waiting to hear about registration with AHPRA. I am worried sick and seems there lots like me. I am diploma trained qualified in 2008, currently completing my honours degree so have completed 4 modules. Just finishing my dissertation at present. I have previously emailed AHPRA who stated that they are not necessarily refusing diploma trained nurses but they are assessing everyone on their own merit and are taking into consideration extra qualifications. Has anyone else heard anything?? I'm currently applying for my holiday working visa but don't want to go pay for my medical assessment if I'm not going to be granted registration.

K

Guest NuriootpaSA
Go on the the thread " Whats is Happening with AHPRA" AHPRA communications have sent their reply....

My understanding is that the comments from AHPRA via this forum address nothing that hasn't been said by them previously. Perhaps they would like to comment WHY their Communications Dept and their Case Officers, (who advise nurse applicants), give different versions of their process? Or why Case Officers are suddenly unavailable - or worse, have left the organisation in rather a hurry, leaving just a brief voicemail to the nurses who are desperate to get in contact.

At the very least, AHPRA is being shown up as an organisation that is poor at Public Relations, very poor at Customer Service, and poor in the extreme at communication. By taken the action it has, it has brought negative attention not only upon itself, but on ANMAC, the Migration, Education and Nursing professions, both in Australia and the UK.

Once the Aussie general public find out what is going on, there will be extreme anger and disbelief, because the consequences of this action is targetting "battlers" and Aussies love a battler.