189 May 2014 lodge gang

Hey guys

We (my wife and I) submitted our application on 29th of May. Still no sign of officer. Nothing gets updated. I did the job all by myself without the help of any agent. Our application's status is 'processing' and all the documents that we uploaded are now marked as 'received' (Except PCC and Medical that we haven't uploaded yet). Is anything wrong? how long should we wait for an officer? And at last but not least, is there any priority based on the location that you apply from. For instance, I am from Iran and in Iranian forums I can see people who submitted their applications more than 16 months ago and still are waiting for a visa to be granted. However, in this very forum some guys who lodged in May, 2014 claim that they got a visa. How is that possible?

I guess it's due to the high risk factors for your country.. What I have seen so far is only UK and Indian citizens have got their grants within the 3 months period. Other people haven't received their CO yet even if they applied in April 2014.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's due to the high risk factors for your country.. What I have seen so far is only UK and Indian citizens have got their grants within the 3 months period. Other people haven't received their CO yet even if they applied in April 2014.

Thanks. But, if you take a look at this link you can see that for 189 subclass there is no difference between high risk and low risk countries.

Thanks. But, if you take a look at this link you can see that for 189 subclass there is no difference between high risk and low risk countries.

I know and that makes the whole waiting process even worst.. You may have noticed they mention that they try to process 75 percent of the applications within three months.. Tricky part is nobody except for Immi servers know which 75 percent you are in!..

I know we all are predicting and connecting a lot of dots here to make sense of our application situation. Interestingly they only changed 189 processing time since this year's March .. Before that case officer allocation times were fixed, so you could email the CO for status updates. Now, specially in dealing with the request from Team 13, they mention strictly to reply as earliest possible within 28 days but clearly mentions not to ask for status updates. It's been almost 2 months since the email reply to them but no way to know what's going on [emoji19]

Just get an email.ci formation from your employer confirming you designation role and Pay.

Hi Guys,

Yesterday, I got my letter which says for 2 past organizations, insufficient documentation. Now, how to check which document is required.

I have sent

1) My offer letter

2) My resignation letter

3) Experience certificate

4) statutory Declaration on a 50 Rs stamp paper signed by my lead.

Now, how can I come to know which documents are required further to get the things done and what should be the next procedure for that.

Just get an email.ci formation from your employer confirming you designation role and Pay.

Thanks for your input. But, fortunately I have crossed that level, in fact today I got my invitation too :-). Now I want to apply for the visa. So can anyone please tell me

1)what are the forms I need to fill?

2) What are the docs I need to submit?

3) If I get my PCC before submitting the application, will it be a matter?

Hey,

This is an interesting find, someone posted the link in the 190 visas lodged in July thread. It's a visa tracker where everyone can add their details and we can all see what's being granted when. It'd be great if everyone could add their details - there are separate tabs for 189s and other visas, make sure you're in the right spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0

Received the golden email yesterday (14th August). It was a direct grant!!! Phew!

Acad IELTS Jan 14 : overall 8.0

EOI (189): 23/4/14 Invitation:28/4/14,Visa lodged 17/5/14: Docs uploaded without form 80 Last Doc (PCC) uploaded :27/6/2014:Visa granted:14/08/2014

Received the golden email yesterday (14th August). It was a direct grant!!! Phew!

Acad IELTS Jan 14 : overall 8.0

EOI (189): 23/4/14 Invitation:28/4/14,Visa lodged 17/5/14: Docs uploaded without form 80 Last Doc (PCC) uploaded :27/6/2014:Visa granted:14/08/2014

Wow, congratulations!! I bet you're over the moon xx

Just wanted to update everyone regarding the progress of my application.. Today I got the letter from CO asking to complete the Health Check. This is the only contact I received since team 13 asked for some info almost 2 months ago related to my form 80.

Can anyone confirm whether this means the application has cleared all the security checks (external or internal)?

I still see a lot of people who applied offshore waiting due to external security checks.

Thanks in advance!!

I don't know how to contact them. There is no contact details available in their site for this case. However, I contacted Australian embassy in my country. They just referred me to immi website. :confused:

Have you front loaded your PCCs and medicals? If so there may be no reason for a Case Officer to contact you other than to grant your visa. I lodged my 189 on 9th June so not a long time after yourself and I haven't heard a thing. But as I have front loaded everything this is perfectly normal. In fact, I think there are very few people on the 'Lodged in June' thread who have heard from a Case Officer.

Have you front loaded your PCCs and medicals? If so there may be no reason for a Case Officer to contact you other than to grant your visa. I lodged my 189 on 9th June so not a long time after yourself and I haven't heard a thing. But as I have front loaded everything this is perfectly normal. In fact, I think there are very few people on the 'Lodged in June' thread who have heard from a Case Officer.

Actually no. Since, I have heard that you will have one year, if you are granted a visa, after you upload your medical or pcc.

CO requested PCC, awaiting Indian Local Police Verification to upload PCC. Medical was Frontloaded. 489 Visa applied 29/05/2014, CO assigned 15/08/2014 requested PCC.

Hi ishfaq,

Did you submit form 80?..

Also, can someone confirm that when the CO asks for only health evidence, does it mean the application has cleared all the security checks?

Edited by saad1988