189 May 2014 lodge gang

Hey guys,

I am starting to upload documents now and have a couple of questions. I don't have an agent and could use help.

It's asking me to upload evidence of birth. Does it have to be birth certificate or can it be my passport or high school certificate/mark sheet?

What are travel document? Why do I need to upload those?

Evidence of charatcer - Should I upload this now or wait for the case officer to ask for it? I don't have my country's character certificate but I have one from Australia.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Im a new member to this forum and need some help as im taking the DIY route. :wub:

Im planning on applying for a 189. I'm working as a software engineer in India with 8 yrs of experience. I need to know the exact format to submit a reference letter. Can anyone help me with this please. thanks !!

Saad, I applied from UK , I am British citizen and there was no contact from Team 13 . I uploaded in one go all document that could be relevant. I don't think I am leading the Q . I have seen few May applicant with grant by now.

Thanks for the info..please keep us updated..

Cheers

Hey everyone, just to let you know our visa was granted today. The relief is unbelievable. We front loaded all of our docs when we lodged on 13 May 14. The only form I didn't include was form 80 and we were not asked for it either. Good luck to you all and thank you so much for the support, it certainly made the wait easier knowing we weren't alone.

Hey everyone, just to let you know our visa was granted today. The relief is unbelievable. We front loaded all of our docs when we lodged on 13 May 14. The only form I didn't include was form 80 and we were not asked for it either. Good luck to you all and thank you so much for the support, it certainly made the wait easier knowing we weren't alone.

Hi JamCaz

Congratulations with visa granted. Could you share some more info about your timeline please.

Thank you and yes no problem.

EOI - April 14. Invite - May 14. Visa Lodged: 13 May 14 with all docs, medicals etc included at the point of lodgement apart from Form 80. Visa Granted by the Adelaide Team - 21 July 14.

Is there anything else I haven't mentioned?

Thank you and yes no problem.

EOI - April 14. Invite - May 14. Visa Lodged: 13 May 14 with all docs, medicals etc included at the point of lodgement apart from Form 80. Visa Granted by the Adelaide Team - 21 July 14.

Is there anything else I haven't mentioned?

Congrats James

Visa lodged on 17th May but still no news of a case officer being allocated..Feeling frustrated :(( Guys please advice.

Thanks!

Acad IELTS Jan 14 : overall 8.0

EOI (189): 23/4/14 Invitation:28/4/14,Visa lodged 17/5/14: Docs uploaded without form 80 Last Doc (PCC) uploaded :27/6/2014 and waiting forever for a news on CO :(

Visa lodged on 17th May but still no news of a case officer being allocated..Feeling frustrated :(( Guys please advice.

Thanks!

Sadly, I'm in the same boat as you Sasha777. I lodged mine a day before you, and still no word regarding a CO.

I was told by my agent initially that the whole processing should take under 3 months.

When I didn't hear anything back after a month and a half, I contacted my agent and was told it would now take at least 3 months just to get a CO :arghh:.

I'm delighted to see people getting their visas, but its killing me how my application is dragging out.

Plus it doesn't help that I've been told to wait until I receive word back from a CO before completing my medicals or PCC.

I hope you get word back soon.

Hi RPM7 Thanks for your reply. I applied direct so I don't have anyone to get professional advice thus didn't know about taking 3 months to get a CO. Only thing I could find on the official site is http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm which was last updated on 18th June. The next update should come late July so hopefully we will get a happy news in that. Fingers crossed!!!

Thanks!

Acad IELTS Jan 14 : overall 8.0

EOI (189): 23/4/14 Invitation:28/4/14,Visa lodged 17/5/14: Docs uploaded without form 80 Last Doc (PCC) uploaded :27/6/2014 and waiting forever for a news on CO :(

I am on the same boat... Applied on early May ...

Edited by saad1988

Guys, i am pretty sure there is no more allocation of co, you information goes through different departments who assess each part of the application. ie.. education department, Work experience, points scored and so on.

That's interesting, thanks for sharing! Can I ask where this information was sourced from?

Hey guys

We (my wife and I) submitted our application on 29th of May. Still no sign of officer. Nothing gets updated. I did the job all by myself without the help of any agent. Our application's status is 'processing' and all the documents that we uploaded are now marked as 'received' (Except PCC and Medical that we haven't uploaded yet). Is anything wrong? how long should we wait for an officer? And at last but not least, is there any priority based on the location that you apply from. For instance, I am from Iran and in Iranian forums I can see people who submitted their applications more than 16 months ago and still are waiting for a visa to be granted. However, in this very forum some guys who lodged in May, 2014 claim that they got a visa. How is that possible?