189 May 2014 lodge gang

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so a couple of questions.

Got my CO and collating, uploading all the documents.

Medicals booked, Police Check ready to be sent.

1) Haven't been asked for a Form 80, should I be concerned?

2) Been asked to complete a Form 47A for my daughter but not for my Wife, is this usual?

3) Proof of Overseas education, very limited evidence. Uploaded my BTEC (the only one that would have given me points on the EOI), but cannot find my CSE & O'Level certificates, is that a problem?

Any advice very welcome as always

Paul

Edited by Robbouk

Uploaded my medicals 09 June. So now everything that CO asked for is uploaded. Now the wait!

@Robbouk

1. I wasn't asked for Form 80 either. It is discretionary. They could still ask for it, but I'm hoping that in my case they don't.

3. I would only upload any proof you used for ACS and the qualifications you are claiming points for. I did not upload any of my junior qualifications. Only my degree which I used in ACS and which I claimed points for.

Hi Guys,

Application Lodged : 5th May

Medical : 12th May

CO: 26th May

I have lodged my 189 Visa application on 5th of May via my Agent, and as we are expecting baby July end 2014, we have also submitted the Pregnancy Health Undertaking.

Our agent has also uploaded my wife's HIV and Hepatitis report.

CO has been assigned to us on 26th May, and asked us for

1. Form 80

2. Employment reference

CO doesn't ask for my Wife's Medical.

I don't know whether they will OnHold our Visa or Grant us on condition.

Our Current Status - 457 Visa Since Oct 2012 and not moved out of country after coming here.

Please let me know if anybody of you faced the similar situation….

Hi,

i see that a lot of you guys have already lodged your applications. i just got my invitation this week. I do not have an agent and am trying to lodge the application myself. You think its a good idea or should I hire a agent to get this done?

Got mine too.

How many more hoops?

Does anyone know estimated timescales?

Medicals?

Police Checks?

Etc

Hi,

i see that a lot of you guys have already lodged your applications. i just got my invitation this week. I do not have an agent and am trying to lodge the application myself. You think its a good idea or should I hire a agent to get this done?

You will find a mixture of opinions, some have done all the work themselves and some have employed an agent. There are benefits and risks to both, your decision should be based on your available time, your confidence in understanding the requirements & your budget (an agent isn't cheap).

For me, I did the DIY version and used the many members of this forum for advice and as a sounding board.

Good luck.

Hi,

Hi,

If you have all the documents starting from your Education, Employment reference, Payslip, bank statements etc. In that case you can go ahead and file of your own.

Basically, if you are confident that you can provide and prove all the EOI claims with out any issues go ahead of your own.

Regards,

Dhiru

You will find a mixture of opinions, some have done all the work themselves and some have employed an agent. There are benefits and risks to both, your decision should be based on your available time, your confidence in understanding the requirements & your budget (an agent isn't cheap).

For me, I did the DIY version and used the many members of this forum for advice and as a sounding board.

Good luck.

I guess i will try the same thing. An agent is too expensive here. Thanks for the response. I just had one quick question, I was starting the application and there was an option of nationat identification document. I have a driver's license. does that count as the national identification document?

Hi Guys,

I have a question. I have currently sent my application for the ACS process. But Once I will finally send the application for the visa and after that if I will not have much fund left in my account then will that be a problem? I mean can that be an issue for getting the visa? Is there any minimum fund requirement that an applicant has to show for this 189 visa?

Hi all, just a new joiner in this forum. I've uploaded and submitted my application on 9 June and waiting for PCC to be issued by our national police.

I got some concerns, would like to consult you guys.

1. About my PCC for my period in the Netherlands 8 years ago.

During the last 10 years, my resident background like this:

Jul 2006 - current: my home country

Feb 2006 - Jun 2006: The Netherlands

Sep 2005 - Jan 2006: my home country

Sep 2002 - Sep 2005: The Netherlands

I am wondering if the CO will ask for PCC of the Netherlands or not. I've read through posts in this forum, some said no, some said yes. And currently, I have no idea how to obtain PCC of the Netherlands should it be required. Any one can help?

2. My working experience:

Sep 2005 - Jan 2006: Fulltime Internship (Accountant) --> I did not apply for skill assessment

Jul 2006 - Oct 2006: Accountant --> I did not apply for skill assessment

Nov 2006 - current: External auditor/Internal auditor --> VETASSESS done.

My question is I claimed all above experiences are related (indeed they are), but then suddenly I just read a post saying that the period that I did not mention for skill assessment would not be counted. Is it true? Anybody has experience this? Pls share.

Edited by Bondminh

Hi all, just a new joiner in this forum. I've uploaded and submitted my application on 9 June and waiting for PCC to be issued by our national police.

I got some concerns, would like to consult you guys.

1. About my PCC for my period in the Netherlands 8 years ago.

During the last 10 years, my resident background like this:

Jul 2006 - current: my home country

Feb 2006 - Jun 2006: The Netherlands

Sep 2005 - Jan 2006: my home country

Sep 2002 - Sep 2005: The Netherlands

I am wondering if the CO will ask for PCC of the Netherlands or not. I've read through posts in this forum, some said no, some said yes. And currently, I have no idea how to obtain PCC of the Netherlands should it be required. Any one can help?

2. My working experience:

Sep 2005 - Jan 2006: Fulltime Internship (Accountant) --> I did not apply for skill assessment

Jul 2006 - Oct 2006: Accountant --> I did not apply for skill assessment

Nov 2006 - current: External auditor/Internal auditor --> VETASSESS done.

My question is I claimed all above experiences are related (indeed they are), but then suddenly I just read a post saying that the period that I did not mention for skill assessment would not be counted. Is it true? Anybody has experience this? Pls share.

Hey Mate,

1. I think you should arrange the PCC for Netherland too as you lived there for more than 12 month.

2. I think its better if you claim all the above experience but as per my knowledge they will consider Skill assessment as reference for your Job Experience, so show everything despite of the fact that they will use Skill assessment as reference.

Regards,

Dhiru

I don't think so that there is any Fund requirement criteria for 189 visa, if you go through the Immi website it will state you all the required criteria, and I have not seen any criteria regarding Fund.

Regards,

Dhiru

Hey Mate,

1. I think you should arrange the PCC for Netherland too as you lived there for more than 12 month.

2. I think its better if you claim all the above experience but as per my knowledge they will consider Skill assessment as reference for your Job Experience, so show everything despite of the fact that they will use Skill assessment as reference.

Regards,

Dhiru

Thanks Dhiru for your advices.

For no1. I think I will get the PCC once the CO request me to do so. Other posts in here saying that in order to complete the application form for PCC of the Netherlands I will need DIAC to fill in the reason why I am applying for it. So maybe I have to wait then :(

No. 2, Yes I did claim all, so that I got more than 8 years highly related experiences. I am just wondering if they count the time not mentioned in Skill assessment letter. If so, will be less than 8 years, and my application will be on hold then :(.

I don't really have the bank statements anymore. Is it really important? Can I not apply my VISA without them?

Hi,

If you have all the documents starting from your Education, Employment reference, Payslip, bank statements etc. In that case you can go ahead and file of your own.

Basically, if you are confident that you can provide and prove all the EOI claims with out any issues go ahead of your own.

Regards,

Dhiru

well, the reason I don't have bank statements is because I was mostly free-lancing or part time. I have my hours but the money was cash and I didn't pay any taxes. I am just worried that they would decline the experience. Have you heard of cases where people get approved with just employment documents like experience letters , offer letters and project communication records. I have all of that and even have references.

Guys, in my case (check the timeline below), CO asked for medicals and pcc on the day of allocation itself (which I sent on the same day) and it's been more than 10 days since then. I haven't heard from CO. CO hasn't asked for Form 80 either. Just no communication! Any opinions? Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Category: 261112 | Visa: 189 | 65 points | IELTS Overall: 7.5 (L: 7.5, R: 7, W: 7, S: 7.5) | EOI submitted: 6th Oct, 2013 | Invite: 23rd Mar, 2014 | Visa Lodged: 14th May, 2014 | PCC (U.S., India): 19th May, 2014 | Medicals: 31st May, 2014 | CO Allocation: 3rd June, 2014 | Grant: ??

Edited by rt00021

Guys, in my case (check the timeline below), CO asked for medicals and pcc on the day of allocation itself (which I sent on the same day) and it's been more than 10 days since then. I haven't heard from CO. CO hasn't asked for Form 80 either. Just no communication! Any opinions? Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Category: 261112 | Visa: 189 | 65 points | IELTS Overall: 7.5 (L: 7.5, R: 7, W: 7, S: 7.5) | EOI submitted: 6th Oct, 2013 | Invite: 23rd Mar, 2014 | Visa Lodged: 14th May, 2014 | PCC (U.S., India): 19th May, 2014 | Medicals: 31st May, 2014 | CO Allocation: 3rd June, 2014 | Grant: ??

Not sure, but I've heard reports that the CO will only check things once the 28 day time limit has elapsed. So 28 days after the information request, they will look into your case again. I'm in the same position. The wait is a bit frustrating.

I'll be able to tell you in a few days, because I was asked to for PCC and Medicals on 20 May. Which means the 28 day expiry for me will be this week.