189 May 2014 lodge gang

It isn't financial status they are asking for in my case.

They are asking for financial evidence to support the work experience I claimed in my application. They want to see documents like payslips, tax documents, bank statements etc. I think I've got some old documents stored away hopefully, but it is never fun digging through old documents.

I'm not sure if they ask for financial status to prove that you can support yourself, but I wouldn't worry if I was you. £50k sounds more than enough to support yourself for a while until you get a job. I would assume that if somebody can meet the strict requirements to qualify for the visa and pay for the visa, then they are probably not going to be a burden on the Australian state.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't financial status they are asking for in my case.

They are asking for financial evidence to support the work experience I claimed in my application. They want to see documents like payslips, tax documents, bank statements etc. I think I've got some old documents stored away hopefully, but it is never fun digging through old documents.

I'm not sure if they ask for financial status to prove that you can support yourself, but I wouldn't worry if I was you. £50k sounds more than enough to support yourself for a while until you get a job. I would assume that if somebody can meet the strict requirements to qualify for the visa and pay for the visa, then they are probably not going to be a burden on the Australian state.

I hate all the unknowns, does my head in. Oh, and I don't do waiting patiently very well either. :wacko:

Thanks for your help again.

:biggrin:

@cuberoot Wow a case office already? I applied shortly after you so heres hoping we get ours soon :)

Yes, I've got a case office. I am very surprised it happened so quickly as well.

Now to get medicals, police clearance and other documents together within 28 days! Bit of a rush now actually.

Case officer already well done, we have front loaded documents are it's been 8 weeks since lodgement still haven't heard a thing!

Well, I don't think it has anything to do with me. I guess it is random? I've got no idea really.

I was watching your progress in the other thread Dannielle24 and I saw how long it was taking for the March and April gangs, so I presumed I would have a similar wait. I didn't front load everything, so maybe it all equals out in the end because I need to arrange medicals and police clearance which takes a week or 2.

8 weeks is very long for you to wait without hearing anything. I hope they've not lost your application or anything? When are you allowed to question if things are going ok? I hope you hear something soon.

Well, I don't think it has anything to do with me. I guess it is random? I've got no idea really.

I was watching your progress in the other thread Dannielle24 and I saw how long it was taking for the March and April gangs, so I presumed I would have a similar wait. I didn't front load everything, so maybe it all equals out in the end because I need to arrange medicals and police clearance which takes a week or 2.

8 weeks is very long for you to wait without hearing anything. I hope they've not lost your application or anything? When are you allowed to question if things are going ok? I hope you hear something soon.

I have asked our agent about it, and he's said that he thinks by the end of the month we should defo hear something, if not the great news were all waiting on, but I dunno the wait is driving us mad, wish we could just get organising flights and wrapping things up, hopefully after your medicals you won't be too long waiting

I have asked our agent about it, and he's said that he thinks by the end of the month we should defo hear something, if not the great news were all waiting on, but I dunno the wait is driving us mad, wish we could just get organising flights and wrapping things up, hopefully after your medicals you won't be too long waiting

If you have front loaded everything I guess you will get a direct grant. I'm holding off on the medicals and police clearance so hopefully I will get a case officer early enough to explain the situation. Fingers crossed!

If you have front loaded everything I guess you will get a direct grant. I'm holding off on the medicals and police clearance so hopefully I will get a case officer early enough to explain the situation. Fingers crossed!

I see on the immi.gov.au site that allocation date matches my lodged date too so I have just sent a email to my agent to see if he knows anything, the information on the site has been put there on Monday 19th of May

Hi guys

I'm not officially 'May' gang as we lodged on 10 April...but my agent said today that they'd not heard anything about us getting a case officer...and that there's a backlog of skilled visa applications as they come up to financial year end..!!

Whether they just can't tell if we have got a case officer or not I don't know. But everything is loaded now, we did our medicals last week which was the final thing, so we are just waiting on news of a grant or any news really that things are progressing. Good to see that some of you in this group have case officers, it gives me hope that we have too perhaps! Good luck everyone.

Hello Guys,

I need some suggestions. I am applying for 189 along with 2 dependents. Is it advisable to drop my dependents in the application, just apply for myself first, look for a job and then later on when everything gets sorted out, i can process for my family visa ?

Alternatively , i have to bear all the cost now ( visa + initial entry , etc).

What do you guys think?

Hello Guys,

I need some suggestions. I am applying for 189 along with 2 dependents. Is it advisable to drop my dependents in the application, just apply for myself first, look for a job and then later on when everything gets sorted out, i can process for my family visa ?

Alternatively , i have to bear all the cost now ( visa + initial entry , etc).

What do you guys think?

@alimansoor I think this is probably off-topic for this thread. I think you should create a new thread for this type of question or look in the archives if it has been asked before.

Hi Everyone,

I don't know if we have made the May Gang but we Lodged our 189 visa application today - all documents hopefully uploaded correctly. We have front loaded our health examination & police checks.

Good luck everyone

You've lodged in May, so of course you've made it! Welcome to the club! Good luck!