You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hi everyone,

I wondered if anybody could help me..... I applied to vetasses as a cook and passed my technical assessment but they want me to take a first aid course. The course they have suggested is a 3 day course at a cost of £380! They require me to have a level 2 first aid certificate I wondered if anybody else has been in a similar situation and can suggest any other courses that aren't so expensive and aren't 3 days as It will be difficult to get time off of work.

I am using a migration agent but the one I started with left, so I am using a different agent within the same company. When I first started the process I wasn't told that I needed a first aid certificate it was only during the technical interview it was brought up. I have suggested other courses but they say they don't meet their standards yet the course they are comparing to in Australia is a one day course and they haven't provided what the course entails so I can compare.

If anyone has any suggestions or could help I would really appreciate it!

Many thanks

I'd do what the assessor wants, £380 is peanuts in the grand scheme of things. I reckon from start to finish our visa cost circa £7k and a further £10k to move over there. Just bite the bullet and do the course!

IELTS sat 30/6/12 L8.5,R9,W8.5,S8.5 Ave 8.5, TRA sent 20/06/13, 1st stage assessment passed 15/07/13, 2nd stage 22/07/12 in Glasgow. TRA passed 29/07/13. EOI submitted 29/07/13, SS received 5/08/13, ITA received 08/08/13, 190 Visa applied for 14/08/13, Medicals 23/08/13, PCC uploaded 11/9/13, CO 26/9, VISA GRANTED 17/10/2013

I am doing mine in red cross its only 360 pounds . don't worry u will get it

I am applying for cook aswell what was the requirement you needed please can you help. as I am preparing my self with cv and reference

thanks in advance

Hi everyone,

I wondered if anybody could help me..... I applied to vetasses as a cook and passed my technical assessment but they want me to take a first aid course. The course they have suggested is a 3 day course at a cost of £380! They require me to have a level 2 first aid certificate I wondered if anybody else has been in a similar situation and can suggest any other courses that aren't so expensive and aren't 3 days as It will be difficult to get time off of work.

I am using a migration agent but the one I started with left, so I am using a different agent within the same company. When I first started the process I wasn't told that I needed a first aid certificate it was only during the technical interview it was brought up. I have suggested other courses but they say they don't meet their standards yet the course they are comparing to in Australia is a one day course and they haven't provided what the course entails so I can compare.

If anyone has any suggestions or could help I would really appreciate it!

Many thanks