minijax172

489 visa questions, please can someone help me?

Hi all,

I am looking to go out to Australia on a 489 State sponsor visa for Hairdressing CSOL. I have already done lot's of research but there are a few things I am unsure of. I would be so grateful if someone could please help me.

What can you use as proof of your work experience? Can you use bank statements or does it have to be P60 and pay slips?

Last year I worked self employed (in salon) can I count that as work experience?

Do you need a certain amount of money in the bank to show you can support yourself whilst out in Australia to be accepted for 489?

Many thanks,

Sarah

There are a range of things that can be sent for proof of skills assessment. However, my advice would be to contact the body that are assessing your skills.

Yes, a lot of states will ask for evidence that you have sufficient funds

There are a range of things that can be sent for proof of skills assessment. However, my advice would be to contact the body that are assessing your skills.

Yes, a lot of states will ask for evidence that you have sufficient funds

Definitely- a friend of mine has recently entered on a 489 in the NT- they were asked to have around $25,000 funds- most states have a policy on this.

Thank you so much for your reply, I haven't started the application process as yet as I wanted to make sure I have enough funds and correct info first. I have done a points test and have enough so that's a good start :biggrin:

Thank you for your reply :smile: That's understandable, I've heard different amounts but the ones I have seen it's been for more than one person, as I would be going on my own I wasn't sure if it would be a little less.