I just moved to Australia with my two parents. They promised they would help me through the migration and help me stay sane. I've looked forward to the move to Australia, and now that I'm here, my main priority is to get a computer. You are probably asking yourself, "Challis, how the heck are you typing this post without a computer?", well, I am on my old laptop. I'm not looking for a computer like THIS. I'm now looking for a gaming computer. Considering this is my first post, I don't expect to get an immediate response, but the sooner; the better, I suppose. I'll post the stats I'm looking for down below, just in case you're a nerd who knows how to help me out.

P.S ~ I'm on a budget of about $700.

P.P.S ~ The two games I wish to mainly play are, "Bioshock Infinite" and "Minecraft."

P.P.P.S ~ I'm looking for a brand-new computer, not used.

Thanks...

Processor: Quad Core Processor

Memory: 4GB

Hard Disk Space: 30 GB free

Video Card: DirectX11 Compatible, AMD Radeon HD 6950 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

Video Card Memory: 1024 MB

Sound: DirectX Compatible

These are the "Bioshock Infinite" game MAX requirements, so a little less is fine...

Hi Chaills, Take a look in your local papers and telephone books for the smaller computer business that are around. I just got a quote of $500 for a new computer from a small local company and i am sure if you contact some of the places that are around your area they can build you a computer. If you tell them your budget and the specs they will be able to help you with what you need. Stay away from the big shops they make a fortune in commission and you do not get what you want.

Hi challis, have a look at eBay cause there are shops on there that do really good deals, if you want to avoid doing a custom build.

Found this for you which would fit your budget :-

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/AMD-Quad-Core-A8-5600K-3-6GHz-Gaming-Computer-8GB-1TB-HD7560D-Desktop-PC-/360628152400

It has 8 GB which I think you need and 1TB (you need at least 500GB these days) plus good AMD processor..

Edited by jasepom

I just moved to Australia with my two parents. They promised they would help me through the migration and help me stay sane. I've looked forward to the move to Australia, and now that I'm here, my main priority is to get a computer. You are probably asking yourself, "Challis, how the heck are you typing this post without a computer?", well, I am on my old laptop. I'm not looking for a computer like THIS. I'm now looking for a gaming computer. Considering this is my first post, I don't expect to get an immediate response, but the sooner; the better, I suppose. I'll post the stats I'm looking for down below, just in case you're a nerd who knows how to help me out.

P.S ~ I'm on a budget of about $700.

P.P.S ~ The two games I wish to mainly play are, "Bioshock Infinite" and "Minecraft."

P.P.P.S ~ I'm looking for a brand-new computer, not used.

Thanks...

Processor: Quad Core Processor

Memory: 4GB

Hard Disk Space: 30 GB free

Video Card: DirectX11 Compatible, AMD Radeon HD 6950 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

Video Card Memory: 1024 MB

Sound: DirectX Compatible

These are the "Bioshock Infinite" game MAX requirements, so a little less is fine...

My son uses MSY for some of his computer needs.

Do you have one near you?

You can look up their prices on line.

He buys the parts and assembles them himself .

MSY will put together your package for a price.

They might be worth looking at.

eBay does have the advantage of being quick and easy don't have to worry about whether the parts are compatible if you buy pre built. Looking on-line you'll be able to get everything you need at the right price. If go for higher specs if you can. At least 8 Gb if you want to run Windows 8. You mean Min requirement for bioshock, I've checked online and it does work with windows 8

Edited by jasepom

Also, if anyone can help with my next problem, I now, after choosing a computer, have to find a monitor. I have to buy a monitor for about $37-$50. Thanks

~CP