I would love to move back to the UK, but it is so hard.

Lostlily

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was considering whether to reply to this or not but obviously I decided to. Why are you not back or planning to be back in the UK? You sound very unhappy here. Your take on Perth is not mine - can't relate to your top ten count down but that's ok each to their own. But why oh why would you continue to live here if you are so unhappy?

Clearly the OP has stated it difficult to return. Personal reasons no doubt. Plenty in a similar boat. No need to relate to the issues raised in order to have empathy.

You need to understand though what floats your boat won't float someone else's , I found wa great for little kids , and retirement nothing in between , my kids r older and I'm not ready retire , although beautiful to look at , but would of stayed put if work were more vibrant .

The raising of small kids I concur. Is there really enough to occupy one time in retirement though? Debatable.

Guest Guest 47403
Entitled to voice dissent with regards to whatever including Perth without bogan comments like whinging and whining.

Of course there entitled to whinge and whine but getting on for 3 years worth without taking any action! Then again you're not too far behind in them are you flag ;)

Don't believe a word of what A Current Affair says. It's well known to exaggerate and even downright lie to make a story look good. They sensationalise everything and if you take the time to research one of their stories, you'll usually find they've told only half of it and it's not nearly as bad as they've made out.

Yes that sums the British gutter press up very well.

OP has never said it is the opinion of EVERYONE in the whole country.

If someone cant post THEIR opinion then they cant post anything at all.

I didn't say her's was everyone's opinion did i?i said it was a sweeping generalisation,"her" sweeping generalisation

Nor did i say that she couldn't post her opinion,just that posts like that are ridiculous,and i still think that

"Full of ignorant people,and everyone expects you to knock your hse down after 30 yrs,honestly"?!

Thanks for stating the obvious though,i'll catch yer,work to go to,tara

Of course there entitled to whinge and whine but getting on for 3 years worth without taking any action! Then again you're not too far behind in them are you flag ;)

I agree ahead of you on most aspects. As the OP stated life events don't always allow someone to take action in the sense you probably mean by returning. Not sure why you constantly feel the need to denigrate someone who finds life in Perth or OZ for that matter.

The opening post did make me laugh, clearly from a very anti Australia viewpoint but that's what happens when your heart's not in it anymore. Things start to annoy you more and irrelevant points mount up to something else. Have to say I agree with a fair few of them though, albeit only to a point. There are definitely a lot of ignorant people here, who think oz is the centre of the world and have never left

You think comments like:

"Australia is full of very ignorant people"

"Everyone here try's to outdo others with their disgusting Mac Mansions, which are totally tasteless."

"Once your house is about 30 years old, everybody will give u grief unless u knock it down and build a new one"

aren't sweeping generalisations?

Of course they are. They're ludicrous statements. No-one in their right mind would think otherwise.:rolleyes:

What are your thoughts on the other 7 comments then.they are a fact.and the comments you highlighted above have also some truth.souless suburbs with their over inflated McMansion houses.i work on these new soulless suburbs day in and day out and seriously no one is about.its like some post apocalyptic disaster.and another fact is do you really think these brand new houses are gonna last over 50yrs,I know I build them.your structural guarantee is 25 yrs after that your on your own.developers buy older houses 30yrs plus knock em down sub divide.so the lady,s comments are not far from the truth.the only point she made I would question is all ozzies are ignorant.thats wrong! And why just pick out the three comments which you knew would cause a lot of agro

The opening post did make me laugh, clearly from a very anti Australia viewpoint but that's what happens when your heart's not in it anymore. Things start to annoy you more and irrelevant points mount up to something else. Have to say I agree with a fair few of them though, albeit only to a point. There are definitely a lot of ignorant people here, who think oz is the centre of the world and have never left

Afraid they are spoon fed to believe that to a degree. Never hurts them to learn about another way of thought. As upsetting for many as it may be.

Guest Guest 47403
I agree ahead of you on most aspects. As the OP stated life events don't always allow someone to take action in the sense you probably mean by returning. Not sure why you constantly feel the need to denigrate someone who finds life in Perth or OZ for that matter.

Don't feel the need to denigrate anyone for anything, just bemused at folk that whinge but do nothing about it.

Why would someone join a website just to whinge about Perth without doing anything eh flag? Just don't get it myself oh well leave you to your whinging enjoy.

What are your thoughts on the other 7 comments then.they are a fact.and the comments you highlighted above have also some truth.souless suburbs with their over inflated McMansion houses.i work on these new soulless suburbs day in and day out and seriously no one is about.its like some post apocalyptic disaster.and another fact is do you really think these brand new houses are gonna last over 50yrs,I know I build them.your structural guarantee is 25 yrs after that your on your own.developers buy older houses 30yrs plus knock em down sub divide.so the lady,s comments are not far from the truth.the only point she made I would question is all ozzies are ignorant.thats wrong! And why just pick out the three comments which you knew would cause a lot of agro

I agree with you about those new estates, but the OP was claiming these statements apply to the whole of Australia, not just new estates. That's what people are objecting to.

Don't feel the need to denigrate anyone for anything, just bemused at folk that whinge but do nothing about it.

Why would someone join a website just to whinge about Perth without doing anything eh flag? Just don't get it myself oh well leave you to your whinging enjoy.

why would anyone join a forum and constantly WHINGE on about how bad things are in the UK.

Every single one of the OPs comments are opinions not fact. Not one of them applies to me. She is entitled to think those things but to pass them off as fact is utter pants.

Guest Guest 47403
why would anyone join a forum and constantly WHINGE on about how bad things are in the UK.

I don't know why would they?

Ok, have read through the posts and must say I am a little disappointed in some of the attitudes of some members.

Jeez a person can't have an opinion without being jumped on, oh I forgot they can have a positive opinion but not a negative one.

We have to remember that these are the OP's opinions, and yes when we are not happy a lot of us do take it out the place, I know I have. Emotions do funny things to us, even more so if we feel we are stuck and don't have options.

We have already had one member request her account be closed after she was jumped on for her not so positive opinions.

Remember this is Moving Back to the UK. Perhaps we could all be a little more emphatic towards members heading back, just as we give positive enforcement for those moving to Oz.

As a returnee myself, I was lucky and received tremandeous support on my move back from PIO. Just try and place yourself in the persons position.

Now I have deleted some posts and if I have to come back and find more personal attacks I will issue warnings.

Thank you all in advance to agreeing to play nicely.

Cheers

Karen

I guess for the same reason that others bang on and whinge about Oz, particularly Perth, so I guess you question was rhetorical as you must already know the answer?