Jump to content

do i need travel insurance, subclass 309??

Recommended Posts

Hi there, I am moving over to Oz next week and am wondering if anybody could help re travel insurance? Stupid question, but do I need to get travel insurance for when I am in oz- I have de facto sponsorship, subclass 309, but am wondering about how to cover my health whilst i am out there. I know I am eligible to be on Medicare, but if something (god forbid) happens, will I also be covered or should I take a trip to the post office and get myself some travel cover? im also not 100% sure what my cover is with dental? Any help would be really appreciated!!!!


thanks in advance!



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get travel insurance to cover you on your journey over. So luggage, transit etc covered. And medical. I always get it.


Once in AUS, sign up for Medicare. And look into ambulance cover. And then if you feel you need it, private medical and/or dental.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now