189 visa April gang

Alonsd

When we lodged our application (14th April), their website said that case officer for 189 visas are allocated within 10 weeks of lodgement. But from May they are only stating dates and its progressing 3 days a month (Now 3rd March). By this way, we can never question them because the dates will take ages to reach to April at this pace. Whereas, in this forum we are seeing May applicants got their grant and June applicants got case officers and are close to their grants. I don't understand their policy. Does it all have to do with being from high risk country?

I understand your pain bro...this waiting is painful and annoying.. It seem to tip of the patience and trill of anticipation for everyone. Please keep posted regarding your progress.

I am from bd too and applied offshore. They asked for extra information based on my form 80 . still waiting for a case officer, then can proceed with medical. God knows how long after that.

Edited by saad1988

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I think now we all BD applicants are first given to team 13 and there is significant delay in our case officer allocations. My latest update is this: we responded to team 13's requests in mid June. now in mid July (yesterday), they again made some queries about employment and education history. We will provide them the answers shortly and see what happens. Still no case officer :-( such a painful situation.

Piece of advice to all BD applicants, please collect exact street addresses (it context of BD it will mean house no, road no, area/thana, district, postcode, everything) of all your past residences and educational institutes as soon as you lodge your application. Do not leave out any gap or discrepancy in information. I know we do not remember all details and in BD they are not well documented as well. But it is very important to get it right. Otherwise they will keep bugging you and will take months to progress.

Hope we all get our grants as soon as possible.

Cheers.

Huge congratulations to you!!!! We are so pleased for you.

Hopefully ours will come soon??

Now as for the important question, what to drink, I'll have a lager and Eileen usually has a wine, simple people with simple tastes but the most important thing is drinking with good friends.

Hi,

I think now we all BD applicants are first given to team 13 and there is significant delay in our case officer allocations. My latest update is this: we responded to team 13's requests in mid June. now in mid July (yesterday), they again made some queries about employment and education history. We will provide them the answers shortly and see what happens. Still no case officer :-( such a painful situation.

Piece of advice to all BD applicants, please collect exact street addresses (it context of BD it will mean house no, road no, area/thana, district, postcode, everything) of all your past residences and educational institutes as soon as you lodge your application. Do not leave out any gap or discrepancy in information. I know we do not remember all details and in BD they are not well documented as well. But it is very important to get it right. Otherwise they will keep bugging you and will take months to progress.

Hope we all get our grants as soon as possible.

Cheers.

Hi Babun,

Have you uploaded your form 80 early on?

I uploaded my PCCs and form 80 early on then waiting for the CO allocation. Around late June, I got the email from Team 13 asking extra two info based on my submitted form 80. Funny thing is, when I filled up the form 80 there were some gap in education, typical for bd after HSC for about six months. So I had to send the education and employment history again as attachment to team 13.

If all goes well next steps should be medical and CO.

One place I read they don't process things again until the 28 days are up... May people who applied couple of days after me are now getting CO allocation.

Keep [emoji120][emoji123][emoji111]

Hi SAAD, no update at all. its been almost 4 months (1 week left) and the only contact we had was on june asking for education and employment history. No co yet. We have given up hopes as my lawyer said due to a high risk country passport holder they might have send our file for external check which might take around a year.

No team working on file as i called immigration several times, no CO basically there is no one we can directly contact even if its years.

Frustration at its peak!!

I am an on shore applicatant, since u are from BD lets hope your case will be quicker :)

Hi All

Great to see this thread here.

I lodged my 189 visa application on July 2013.

I got an email from my case officer today advising that my case is undergoing Public Interest Criteria (PIC’s) and i will be notified of an outcome soon.

Has anyone else been through Public Interest Criteria (PIC’s)? does anyone know how long this process goes?

Thanks

We phoned the 00611300364613 number late last night to try and find out how our application was going as we haven't heard anything since lodging on the 28th of April , turns out we were allocated to the Brisbane team on the 29th of May and the girl was able to tell us our preliminary assessment was almost complete ??? Hopefully not to much longer but the waiting is driving us mental , we may have a buyer for our house ( which isn't even on the market yet ) but can't do anything till we get that all important email saying yes . Good luck everyone

• 2 weeks later...
We phoned the 00611300364613 number late last night to try and find out how our application was going as we haven't heard anything since lodging on the 28th of April , turns out we were allocated to the Brisbane team on the 29th of May and the girl was able to tell us our preliminary assessment was almost complete ??? Hopefully not to much longer but the waiting is driving us mental , we may have a buyer for our house ( which isn't even on the market yet ) but can't do anything till we get that all important email saying yes . Good luck everyone

It is interesting that they allocate COs but do not inform the applicants. Is it killing game? If they inform us that someone is looking at our file then we would be relaxed a bit. That is something DIBP does not want. :-(

I will be phoning them when my application turns 3 months late next month.

Hi there, I have submitted my EOI on 4th July with 60 points. on the 14th July invitation round the visa cut off date for 2613 was showing 18th June 2014. But now in the next round on 28th July it is showing the cut off date 8th May 2014.

So how is it showing the back date in the latest invitation round than the previous one. Can anyone explain pls

Edited by godisgreat4all

hi i have been invited on 6 DEC 2013 and submitted my docs. further i was called for medical and PCC Clearance on may 2014, further it was ok and uploaded till 05 june 2014. now how much time is more estimated before i will be granted a visa. my category is 189 and i want to be in your gang

hi i have been invited on 6 DEC 2013 and submitted my docs. further i was called for medical and PCC Clearance on may 2014, further it was ok and uploaded till 05 june 2014. now how much time is more estimated before i will be granted a visa. my category is 189 and i want to be in your gang

When did you get your case officer?.. It depends on security checks and where you are from I guess.... As your PCC and Medical are complete, if all is clear you should get it anyday..

i was invited in 6 December 2013 and i am from Pakistan.

i have applied through a consultant so i do not know exact when a case offcier was assigned.

but i received a mail from immigration department on 20 may 2014 requesting my pcc and medical which i have completed and submited till 6 june.

i have checked my e medical status and they have also uploaded the result and my consultant has also farwardedt an inquiry mail to my case officer. so any advise......?

Hi there, I have submitted my EOI on 4th July with 60 points. on the 14th July invitation round the visa cut off date for 2613 was showing 18th June 2014. But now in the next round on 28th July it is showing the cut off date 8th May 2014.

So how is it showing the back date in the latest invitation round than the previous one. Can anyone pls clarify ?

We lodged our application 28th April, did mens and police checks 2 weeks later then heard friggin nothing for months then granted 7th August

Congrats on the grant.. I applied early may and only team 13 asked to clarify two points based on submitted form 80. Also, they asked for education and employment details again at the same time. Submitted all these in end of June, since then no reply at all!!

Hey,

This is an interesting find, someone posted the link in the 190 visas lodged in July thread. It's a visa tracker where everyone can add their details and we can all see what's being granted when. It'd be great if everyone could add their details - there are separate tabs for 189s and other visas, make sure you're in the right spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0

Hey,

This is an interesting find, someone posted the link in the 190 visas lodged in July thread. It's a visa tracker where everyone can add their details and we can all see what's being granted when. It'd be great if everyone could add their details - there are separate tabs for 189s and other visas, make sure you're in the right spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0

dear sheely

thanks for the thread its really help ful but needs more administration

i will study and quote on it

• 2 weeks later...

Any update in april gang? There seem to be no progress at all..

We were allocated a case officer on the 11th august after 4 months of our application..and no update after that. We have submitted everything in advance and so i dont know what is taking so long for our application.

It is 5 months now and still waiting...:(

We were allocated a case officer on the 11th august after 4 months of our application..and no update after that. We have submitted everything in advance and so i dont know what is taking so long for our application.

Have you already taken the health examination?

Hi Farah,

My situation is same as yours. After queries from team 13 twice, at last we got a case officer in August ( they didn't contact. We called DIBP and the operator told so). Still no grant after 4 and a half months. I am guessing it has been forwarded to external security check, otherwise there is no reason for delay.

Please keep updated if you hear anything more.

Cheers.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to add to the similar experience with farah.. Me too has been allocated a case officer a week back and was asked to complete the Health Check. The health check has been cleared for 5 days.

Regarding external checks, I thought the team 13 took care of it and then only the case officer was allocated the file!! Any other people in the same situation?

Edited by saad1988