What is Stanmore area like?

Sustain

Stanmore has some nice areas to it, but also some rough ones, so it depends where you chose to live. We know the military patch in the area very well (although we did not live there). It is in one of the less salubrious areas and has a lot of abandoned military houses which have been boarded up, graffitied and ignored. However that is down to the MOD and not the local council. I would however, make the choice not to live nearby as it does tend to attract some of the less salubrious elements of the local society.

Shopping wise, you have a quite decent Morrisons nearby and some good sports and recreational facilities. There are some lovely (if pricey) restaurants on the high street.

The local hospital has a poor reputation and the out of hours GP care is dreadful with doctors who do not speak proper English and struggle to either understand or make themselves understood. However, this is a problem for the area between Stanmore and Watford generally, so if you chose this area it is something you should be aware of. A couple of people I know in the area have given up on local GP services and pay an annual fee to see a private GP who provides a much better service.

However, it is a whole lot better than Watford and I would not be particularly worried about living there.

Stanmore has some nice areas to it, but also some rough ones, so it depends where you chose to live. We know the military patch in the area very well (although we did not live there). It is in one of the less salubrious areas and has a lot of abandoned military houses which have been boarded up, graffitied and ignored. However that is down to the MOD and not the local council. I would however, make the choice not to live nearby as it does tend to attract some of the less salubrious elements of the local society.

Shopping wise, you have a quite decent Morrisons nearby and some good sports and recreational facilities. There are some lovely (if pricey) restaurants on the high street.

The local hospital has a poor reputation and the out of hours GP care is dreadful with doctors who do not speak proper English and struggle to either understand or make themselves understood. However, this is a problem for the area between Stanmore and Watford generally, so if you chose this area it is something you should be aware of. A couple of people I know in the area have given up on local GP services and pay an annual fee to see a private GP who provides a much better service.

However, it is a whole lot better than Watford and I would not be particularly worried about living there.

OMG sounds rather risky??

http://www.prestonbennett.co.uk/news_details_/news-Dron-House---A-Labour-Of-Love-226

Not the area I was picturing based on homes we were looking at in the area.

Thanks for the heads up