Crows!!!!!

Guest Guest95262

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maybe Melbourne crows are different from Perth crows then cos i can assure you they are bloody annoying! Just because they dont bother you doesnt mean everyone likes to hear them!

Its just noise I mean they don't attack you. I'd be more worried about Magpies in the garden cause they dive bomb. Crows just sit around squawking like a lot of Aussies I know lol. :biglaugh:

No ones mentioned head swoopin magpies.. they always deliberately miss tho...

lol I didn't believe that this actually happens to people cause my friend said she was chased away by birds when she was having her lunch at uni and that a magpie attacked her another time and somehow cut her finger - she bled... it's actually a bit worrying come to think of it

Do you mean the ravens? I like to imitate them and have a conversation. Drives the missus mad but I think it's funny. They sort of have a competition with each other, which one can do the longest OOOOOOOH at the end of their call. If you can do a real long one they go quiet for a while, as if pondering how to get a longer one in. Try and learn their call, it's all good fun.

Guest Guest66881

Yeah i like watching the ravens at the shopping centre, how they turn heads sideways to get a better look at things then drop down and plod across like a thug after a kitten, very clever birds - very prehistoric too.

The way they pick things up off the ground then drop them and grunt out a big QWUARRRK as if to say look what i got.

Guest Guest66881

Understandable, but certain ones would jump on it in a flash, so best leave alone - back to pommie bashing i suppose:laugh:

so hows that different to a rat exactly.

The rats you refer to are also introduced "vermin" like us newcomers: they arrived on ships from Europe.

The native bush rats - which you won't see around your city - were here with the crows a long time before we arrived....and they get on with their lives without bothering us.

Ahh crows............giving poms something else to whinge about :rolleyes:

Nothing a decent bushfire or cyclone wouldn't cure. :wink:

Actually....I'm a bit worried about our crows. Haven't heard a peep out of them for days. Must be off looking for some Poms to annoy. :yes:

Guest Guest66881

Theres a right big crow up at Joondalup, always hopping around the car parks only got one leg manages to crow

away, big fat bugger so must be doing ok.

Guest Guest95262
The rats you refer to are also introduced "vermin" like us newcomers: they arrived on ships from Europe.

The native bush rats - which you won't see around your city - were here with the crows a long time before we arrived....and they get on with their lives without bothering us.

Mosquitos?

flys?

snakes?

spiders?

sharks?

plenty of others get "dealt" with. and like i said in my first post if you even read it, I am not down with killing anything I just want them to go away, I mean its a big enough country right?

Edited by Cerberus1
Inappropriate language