qihong

Permanent resident visa 189 proof of Australia employment

Hi all,

I wanna claim 5 points for my work experience in Australia. I have been working with my company for 1 year. I understand that I need to obtain a company employment reference letter to support my claim. My company has written me a letter stating the entire period i have been working with my title, pay and duties. However, I cant provide payslip for the whole year. I only have some payslip. And also I did not get pay for the beginning 3 months but I get reimbursement for lunch and transport instead.

Is it still ok to claim for the point?

Thanks for answering.

Regards,

Hong

You worked without pay?

Unfortunately, employment for work experience needs to be paid (paid properly). It is not always essential to provide payslips, I didn't provide any, but the thing is if you are asked you have to provide what they ask. So I would work another three months paid, before claiming for the 12 months work experience.

I've never heard of somebody not being paid for work! In an expensive country like Australia...

Why letting somebody else abusing you, doesn't make sense but when I think about it your agreement could be that your employer backdated the employment letter in order you could apply earlier? Otherwise I don't get this thread here

IELTS 01/2011; TRA 03/2011; SS SA 05/2011; visa 176 lodged 06/2011; visa granted 08/2011; arrived in Adelaide 02/2012; Australian citizen 08/2016

Hi all,

I wanna claim 5 points for my work experience in Australia. I have been working with my company for 1 year. I understand that I need to obtain a company employment reference letter to support my claim. My company has written me a letter stating the entire period i have been working with my title, pay and duties. However, I cant provide payslip for the whole year. I only have some payslip. And also I did not get pay for the beginning 3 months but I get reimbursement for lunch and transport instead.

Is it still ok to claim for the point?

Thanks for answering.

Regards,

Hong

Unfortunately seeing you have only been payed for 9 months work and not the required 12, you can not claim the 5 points. My advice is to work and be payed for another 3 months. Do not even contemplate lodging an EOI claiming the 5 points as the situation currently stands, as the co could easily request for payslips and bank statements to prove your claim. If you lodge an application and are found to have over claimed on points, by law the co must refuse the visa resulting in you losing the application fees.

For mine, I submitted several payslips and bank statements to prove my one year Aussie experience.

Personally I can't comprehend what sort of company would make an employee work three months unpaid....

Applied for Citizenship: 16-11-19

Case officer request for more info (UK police clearance certificate 13-12-19

Test date: 13/2/2020  rescheduled to 16-1-2020

Test passed : 100%

Approval: 30/1/2020

Ceremony: 6/7/2020

Perth, Council - City of Wanneroo