Guest donovan

english pub the real deal!!!!

Guest donovan

Hiya

Just a quick note, has anyone been to the Fox & Hounds at the bottom of Tamborine Mountain, we found it on Saturday, it opened last week we got talking to the landlord who said he brought over all the fixtures & fittings etc from the UK and has had them in storage since 84!! anyway great pub in a great location check it out. Thursday night is Indian night where the chef is from the UK so should be a good night, I am deffo going back. Hubby has gone to work with all the details, I will add them later.

Sarah x

Ta for that. Bit far, but would be good for a weekend drive out (hubby driving, me drinking of course!)

Jo x

Guest YellowGecko

OooOOooohH!!

Sounds like a noice place to visit. We do go for a drive up Tamborine occasionally; might have to pay a visit.

We wouldn't be able to go during a weekday evening, which is a shame, because I wouldn't have minded a hot Indian (meal, I mean), in the hope it would naturally induce labour!

Thanks for the heads up. :spinny:

Jo x

I wouldn't have minded a hot Indian (meal, I mean), in the hope it would naturally induce labour!

Jo x

Doesn't work- I was on vindaloo's at two weeks overdue :no:, nothing! A good walk around the mountain is a better bet, save the pub for when the baby's born!

Jo x

Guest YellowGecko
Doesn't work- I was on vindaloo's at two weeks overdue :no:,

Jo x

Hahahah!! Oh yer scaring me now..2 weeks over... hmmm.. I'd best not go overdue that far, if at all, else the folks will be flying back to Blighty before even seeing their grandchild.

Walking's out of the question. Even hubby's trainers no longer fit on my elephant feet.

Jo x

(lots of Jo's here, eh?)

Guest donovan

ok here is the address

Fox & Hounds

Corner of Oxenford Tamborine Road and Elevation Drive

Wongawallan

Tel 07 5665 7582

Sarah x

Guest JoanneHattersley

Thanks for that! My OH will be in heaven! We are off every Thursday/Friday and he loves Indians!!! Plus we have friends near helensvale that might join us!!!

Guest donovan
Thanks for that! My OH will be in heaven! We are off every Thursday/Friday and he loves Indians!!! Plus we have friends near helensvale that might join us!!!

Thats great

glad to help

Sarah x

Guest donovan

that's great

Let me know what you think

Sarah x

Guest Paul EDGE

We'll definitely be on that one.

Could be good for a meet up.

Indian ,,did someone mention indian?lol,,im dribbling !! must find babysitter quick!lol

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest JoanneHattersley
Indian ,,did someone mention indian?lol,,im dribbling !! must find babysitter quick!lol

Cal x

Whaddaya do on Thursdays!!!!?????:idea:

Guest donovan

just to bump back to the top

Sarah x

hi there,

just wanted to know if anyone went for an indian at the fox and hounds and was it good???????

PLease, we need to know, we're craving for a good indian or does anyone know of anywhere that does a good indian on or near gold coast, am willing to go to Brissie if it's really good!!!!!!!

Guest taffy 62

I was up at mt tamb on sat and overheard some locals talking about how great the food was at the fox and hound and that they wouldnt go anywhere else.

I asked where it was but couldnt find it on my way down, so will have to go back again and have lunch there now I know the address. Thanks.

Guest Supertramp

Called in to 'the Fox' for a drink on our way down the mountain on Sunday, we've been watching this place being built over the last couple of years and were convinced (praying actually) it was going to be a (English style) pub! It's in a very pretty spot. Apparently it's really taken off beyond the expectations of the owner. Haven't eaten there yet but intend to do so. Apparently the Indian food is prepared by a chef from Bradford so it must be good!!!

'Cheers & Beers'

Yvonne.

Hi

we went there last night (wednesday) and it was packed, my god it's like being back in a typical old english pub, owner said he's donehalf done out like an english pub, the other half like an irish one. It was really nice, really busy, managed to get a table for dinner, food was really nice, hubby was nearly licking out the bowl of lancashire hotpot, owner wanted to know if he wanted bread to wipe it up with!!!!!!!!! Recommended booking a table in future and apparently thursday is usually heaving on curry night and the chef makes up each curry individually, so food takes a bit longer then usual. Was really nice there. Going back for curry next week. Anyone interested?????

Guest Supertramp

Hi Suee

We'd (me & my hubby) would love to give it a go but I understand they (the Fox) need a couple of weeks notice (for booking a table) so don't know how you'd go for next week. It would be nice to meet up with some "new" ex pats and talk about how you're enjoying life 'down under'.......

TTFN

Yvonne.

Guest juliethompson

There is a fantastic Indian at Birkdale, The chef comes from Birmingham. It's called the Balti Spice Avenue

julie

my aunt who lives on gold coast is actually friends with the owners

she told me about it a couple of weeks ago

She went for sundays dinner and said it was absolutely beautiful

must try it when we go!

Guest loubielou

blimey ive only been here 4 weeks but so glad to hear that there is not only an english styleeeee pub but they have curries toooooooo...and proper ones!!

thanks!!:wideeyed: