Diploma in Nursery Nursing (NNEB)

NelliePea

I have a Diploma in Nursery nursing,

20 years + experience

Worked in Primary schools, nurseries and with special needs (children and adults)

Built and ran my own Nursery for 7 years, as manager and owner.

Looking to move to the Wollongong area early next year.

Anyone have any advice?

Do you have a visa?

If not, then you could possibly be looking at being sponsored as a child centre manager.

Primary schools here do not employ nursery nurses.

If you already have a visa, then you would find employment easily. There are lots of child care positions available across Australia, the pay is not great but the demand is high.

Edited by Sammy1

Hi Sammy1

I was born in Australia and am currently waiting to find out if my citizenship still stands, so fingers crossed a visa wont be needed. My husband will need one but i am willing to move over first and get established. We also have two teenage children who hopefully will be citizens via descent, who will stay here and move later with their Dad when his visa is through. Hoping to move before the end of the year, so have just started to look around at what is available.

Do you know what the average salary is?

I think i was more worried that my NNEB wouldn't be recognised. There are lots of other things i can do too, but I know that there is a shortage of nursery nurses, so thought it might be a good route into getting a job.

Hi Sammy1

I was born in Australia and am currently waiting to find out if my citizenship still stands, so fingers crossed a visa wont be needed. My husband will need one but i am willing to move over first and get established. We also have two teenage children who hopefully will be citizens via descent, who will stay here and move later with their Dad when his visa is through. Hoping to move before the end of the year, so have just started to look around at what is available.

Do you know what the average salary is?

I think i was more worried that my NNEB wouldn't be recognised. There are lots of other things i can do too, but I know that there is a shortage of nursery nurses, so thought it might be a good route into getting a job.

When you get here have your qualification assessed by the overseas qualification unit. They will be able to issue a certificate to state what qualification this is equivalent to in Australia. There is certainly a shortage of good qualified child care staff. Good luck!

I have an NNEB diploma in nursery nursing and qualified in 1994. I have been trying to get a visa to enable me to work and live in Brisbane. I have had my qualifications assessed and it comes back as a certificate IV but in ordered to be sponsored i need to be a Level V I had applied to do the diploma course in Australia but cant do that. Does anyone have any ideas as to what i can do next? Any help would be appreciated.

I also have and NNEB qualification and NVQ level 3 special support teaching assistant qualification. jut wandered what my chances of getting a job offer in Australia. Any help gratefully received

Your chances of getting a job are extremely good as it is a demand area, however, you need to be able to qualify for a visa - that's the tricky part.

• 10 months later...

I qualified as an NNEB in 1983. I am in the process of getting my qualification recognised here by ACEQA . They have asked me for a transcript of the course. I never got one....did anyone else who did the course??

I have been asked to provide a stac dec, declaring that I never received the transcript and such include what topics we studied etc. I am trying to recall everything from way back then!! If anyone can remember the topics covered on the course back then, I will be very grateful !! I am working in a child care centre, but they want me to get the qualification recognised. Thank you!

I was told this regarding the NNEB my above comments, although I havent actually tried to use them yet, however what state are you in as according to this, I just found, it doesnt need to be recognised in QLD as it is already oifficially recognised and on the list?

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdeta.qld.gov.au%2Fearlychildhood%2Fdocs%2F2-year-approved-qualifications.doc&ei=WGXLVJjCPIuf8QWKqYDABw&usg=AFQjCNH4KybIcf0Iq0K9E4VBvM0lWit7Rg&sig2=hzL689CvgHlEl3I_-PZicA

• 1 year later...

Hi did anything come of the ACEQA check???? My NNEB is dated 2002. I have my practical log book and certification which lists general areas of study. I'm hoping for a similar result I've looked at similar courses in oz and they come up as diploma level AQF 5 which i assume is high enough? Job searches show you can be a centre manager basd on this level, but for migration purposes they all appear to want UK degrees????? Confusing. CACHE was who I was qualified through....should be able to provide transcripts etc, check out their website, may cost though!! Any feedback of your success please let me know

• 2 weeks later...

FAO LPARKER15

Hi,

I've sent mine off to ACECQA now for clarification...at a cost! Awaiting to here back so fingers crossed. For you i'm sure a foundation degree level will be more relevant as its higher level anyway...but to work with young children in early years setting I think you need so much practical placement experience with children under 8yrs especially 0-2 yrs. info@acecqua.org.au think this is website lists all the accepted quals from around the world...but it also depends on the assessing body and type of qualification e.g. CACHE/ NVQ/ EXCEL etc. I've tried to get a clear response on this from UK sites and even this seems to be a confusing matter in the UK as courses are constantly updating and changing. My problem is when i did my qualification (1999 - 2002) the two assessing bodies NNEB and CACHE merged and there doesn't seem to be any recognition of this by ACECQUA....listing either NNEB or CACHE Qualification but not the merger years during this set of changes. Thus my application to clarify once and for all. I was told when I chose my course Cache Diploma in Nursery Nursing(NNEB) this was the best and most relevant qualification at the time....however it seems the goal posts keep moving....

Good luck with the outcome from ACEQUA, you will have to let us know how you get on. I was going to have my level 3 assessed but thought I might as well wait till I've completed my foundation degree. My level 3 is through CACHE too. Only I've completed my degree I want to try to emigrate to brisbane, that's if I can get sponsorship:/