190 Visa -- March 2014 Gang

I applied on 27/03 and after 4 weeks, a link to Complete character assessment particulars for this applicant popped up under documents required list, which asks for form 80 to be filled and uploaded.

Does anyone experience the same thing?

Some people told me it means case officer is working on the case and required nothing else apart from form 80. (since I already done police checks and medical exam). Whereas some other said don't pay attention to it much.

If it is "required", you better get on with it.

form 80 i think is required for high risk countries, i think you will lose nothing to fill the form and upload it.

Edited by Emilio

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

form 80 i think is required for high risk countries, i think you will lose nothing to fill the form and upload it.

I already uploaded it. Because I did not receive any email from case officer, just the link popped up. Does that indicate I have CO already and if you have the same experience or not.

I already uploaded it. Because I did not receive any email from case officer, just the link popped up. Does that indicate I have CO already and if you have the same experience or not.

Actually i don't have the same experience, but i search the web a lot, i do believe a CO or maybe a document controller is checking your case and the uploaded file.

it is mentioned in other threads that CO might grant you the visa even without contacting you.

hope you the best; good luck

Hi,

Lodged my application on 10th March for 190 NSW.

Medical has been provided on 1/04/2014 - before the CO requested it.

PCC completed for my home country and AFP completed.

Still waiting for the CO to be assigned and it already has been 7 weeks.

I saw someone got their grant in 14 weeks. is that the turn around period?

This wait has stopped me from planning ahead.

Hopefully the CO gets assigned soon.

Do you all have the same status in ImmiAccount - "In Progress"

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks

I lodged later than you on 27/3 and yes my status is still 'In Progress'...

I have not heard anything from CO however a link to character assessment popped up (ask for form 80) under document required list after 4 weeks, I don't know if you have the same thing yet :P

Processing time depends on case officer, documents uploaded in full. If you already done police check and medical and have no problem with points claimed documents, I believe it wouldnt be too long :P

I have seen people got grant ranging from 4-14 weeks, onshore moves quicker than offshore...

I lodged later than you on 27/3 and yes my status is still 'In Progress'...

I have not heard anything from CO however a link to character assessment popped up (ask for form 80) under document required list after 4 weeks, I don't know if you have the same thing yet :P

Processing time depends on case officer, documents uploaded in full. If you already done police check and medical and have no problem with points claimed documents, I believe it wouldnt be too long :P

I have seen people got grant ranging from 4-14 weeks, onshore moves quicker than offshore...

I have not yet clicked on the link for the character assessment.

I thought that Character Assessment was the Australian Federal Police (AFP), but thanks for the info.

Ill click on the link and see if it lets me download the link and i can fill the form 80 and get it over with.

the waiting game is the tough part. Arrgggghhhh!!

I have not yet clicked on the link for the character assessment.

I thought that Character Assessment was the Australian Federal Police (AFP), but thanks for the info.

Ill click on the link and see if it lets me download the link and i can fill the form 80 and get it over with.

the waiting game is the tough part. Arrgggghhhh!!

The link should look like this:

Complete character assessment particulars for this applicant

when you click on it, it will open a window which you can download form 80. This form is sent off to spy agency so they can check whether you are totally ok to enter Australia :)

The police clearances are different, you need to obtain one from each country which you have lived for more than 12 months each. In my case I need one from my home country and one from Australian Federal Police...

Good luck with form 80.

Hi,

Thanks

Hi

I have lodged on march 08.. Still waiting for co.. Very similar to you...hope we will get our grant soon ...

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I am going through a consultancy and have applied for state sponsporship to Victoria. I have got a reply after submitting EOI , that they will come back within 12 weeks. I am applying under ICT business analyst. My EOI was done in the first week of April 2014. Any idea how long this would take and what might be the next steps. In the mean time i went to the regional passport office in Bangalore and also got my PCC which is valid for 6 months.

Regards,

Vanitha