186 visa and skills assessment as chef in rural victoria

Hi guys,

after hours searching for informations on the internet here my post.

I am a qualified chef in germany and since then worked 5 years as a chef ( 3 years chef de partie in new zealand, 5 months cdp in australia).

I want to get a permanent residency visa cause my work and holiday expires in june. i found a sponsor here in rural victoria and was thinking to apply for a 186 visa. does anyone have experience with this visa? is it possible to get pr with a sponsor and direct entry?

I am working as well on a skills assessment with tra. turns out they need heaps of informations to assess my skills. i have work references and payslips from the last 3 years but not before that. should be enough though as they write i need to proof 3 years of experience. I am struggling with the letter they want to explain in own words what i worked in each job. does it need to be really detailed? would be a few pages long per employer i guess.

any help/experience on the 186/187 visa or skills assessment will be much appreciated.

thanks

Lucas

The first thing you need to do is check if your employer is willing to go down this route. It is a much longer and expensive route than most sponsorships and there is no guarantee it will be approved before your WHV expires. I would suggest you and your sponsor seek advice from a registered migration agent.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I spoke already with my employer and that's all god. he's gonna support me in any way he can to help me going down that road.

With the migration agent its a good point. i will start looking for one who lives close to support me.