contributary parent visa

Guest smiley grandma

Guest ANN S
You could try what my parents did for many years - 6 months here, 6 months there. It worked for them until they were 80 and decided that they didnt want to do the trip any more but it hasnt worked out too badly for them because they love where they live in UK and one of my sons seems to have emigrated back now that he is an adult and they get to see a lot of him.

Alternatively, would your daughter consider moving back to UK?

It's not easy having half your family on one side of the world and the other on the other side of the world!

Good luck working something out.

Thanks for your info, but my Daughter & the boys love it over there. I will keep trying there must be a way.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ANN S
Hello Ann

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

What about your son in Bulgaria? Is there any likelihood of persuading him to move to Oz?

If not then I am afraid that Parent visa would be out of the question, even though I HATE having to say so.

If you are in reasonable health, the Aussies are usually pretty good about allowing British Parents to visit their families in Oz for up to 12 months at a stretch, though. Please see the link below:

Tourist Visa (Subclass 676)

British Visitors to Oz who are 70 or over and planning to visit for more than 3 months are required to get their own GP to complete a simple form of Medcal Certificate, which is here:

dima_health - Australian High Commission

Please click on the link above and download the form. I think the Aussies would be happier if you just both get the Tourist Medical Certificate completed.

The best way to apply, in my view, is to use the paper Form 48 (one each) and send them to London with a covering letter explaining why you want to make a long visit, the situation with your not being able to migrate permanently etc.

Click on the link for applying by mail.

Unfortunately the only long term possibility when the BoF Test is not met is Investor Retirement visa, which costs a mint:

Investor Retirement (Subclass 405)

Most British Parents can't afford it, including my Mum.

Please sing out if there is anything else I can do to help at this stage.

Best wishes

Gill

Thanks Gill, But my son in Bulgaria loves the village life, & I could not ask him to move just to please me, but I am not giving up yet.Is there anyone I can write & appeal to on compasioate grounds? Ann xx

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Polegate

We have just got back from Brisbane after visiting our family and feel very cold and tired and can't wait to emigrate into the warm weather. Whilst there our daughter and son-in-law took their Citizinship exam and passed with flying colours. We were so pleased for them and just wondered if that would be of any help to us with getting our Visa? Would anyone out there know? Thanks.

Jackie

Guest cazbeckham

Really glad for all those waiting for CPV's that the process is still going along albeit slowly, but you people will get there in the end.

Ours took 17 months to get visa but I reckon we would have had it earlier except that the quota had been reached and we had to wait a few more months.

Good Luck all of you and you will soon be living your dreams as we are

Caz

We have just got back from Brisbane after visiting our family and feel very cold and tired and can't wait to emigrate into the warm weather. Whilst there our daughter and son-in-law took their Citizinship exam and passed with flying colours. We were so pleased for them and just wondered if that would be of any help to us with getting our Visa? Would anyone out there know? Thanks.

Jackie

Sad to say it won't make any difference to your getting a visa. You will still have to meet the balance of family requirements and join the every lengthening queue. Our eldest daughter became a citizen in 2007 and it was a very exciting and poignant moment for her.

I know what you mean about the cold. We came back in mid March and it's very dispiriting after the lovely warm weather. But, atleast it's Spring and we have the summer to look forward to.

Best wishes

Cathy

Hi Austibeach,

We are just about to lodge out papers for a CPV 143 and also have a grandchild due in early July and hoping to be over there by the time he goes to school.

Still, have to front load the medicals first and get them assessed before we get too excited!!!

best wishes

Sandy

Guest austibeach
Hi Austibeach,

We are just about to lodge out papers for a CPV 143 and also have a grandchild due in early July and hoping to be over there by the time he goes to school.

Still, have to front load the medicals first and get them assessed before we get too excited!!!

best wishes

Sandy

Hi Sandy and welcome to PIO, I'm not sure why you addressed your message to me, but thank you anyway. I haven't been getting on PIO very much of late, mainly because since we lodged our application last November I suddenly realised there are so many things to be done before we could ever actually make the move down under ; 39 years of married clutter to be reduced to a sensible amount for shipping and that's just one of the many things to do on our list.

Well I hope all goes well with your application and I'm certain that you will find a great deal of useful information on this site and when you require it , some expert advice....especially from our resident angel Gill a.k.a. Gollywobbler.

Eric.

Guest Sydneysider

Hi everyone

I'm new to the site but hope someone might be able to answer this question. I'm just past the health check stage for my mum to stay in Australia with us, but just realised I didn't check out one thing for the future... the cost of care homes in case she needs it in the future.

I understand that with the AOS she will not be a 'pensioner' for 10 years (she's 87). And that there is a daily rate at care homes plus an additional income (asset?) assessed daily charge for non-pensioners. There is also a bond to pay , depending on the home chosen, which could be anything up to around $500,000 which they then take fees from in addition and give back to you when the parent leaves the home. My question is, given that the AOS tells the sponsor they are responsible for 'accommodation', does this have any implications for costs for care homes apart from the above... I don't want to find that a year or two down the track there are hundreds of dollars of fees we didn't expect... Does anyone have any experience of an 864 visa resident going into a care home and what it meant financially? Obviously I don't want my mum in a home, I want her with us, but with the elderly, anything can happen and I just want to be prepared. Any answers, anyone?

Hi.

I read your post and ,like you, we are just starting out. Yes Gill is wonderful and it is thanks to her that we are having the guts to go for this as I have M.S and out eldest son was told by a very expensive lawyer that we had little chance of getting a visa, so we gave up until our youngest son saw this website and Gill answered our cry for help and hey, off we go with the long wait and fingers crossed that I get through the frontloanded Meds.!!!! Good luck to you, where are you hoping to go to?

regards

Sandy

• 1 month later...
Guest mombie58@hotmail.com

hello

does anyone know where the allnew sparkly site for cpv information has gone?

it is still on line but the messages end in january and I know that there have been lots of posting in the months since january - I was just about to joi n the group as my application for a cpv was acknowleged in december 08 and I think I ned to pick some brains and get on with things - the time will go wuickly even though it could be 2 years Iguess

any info would be most appreciated

audie

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Audie

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

If you mean the sparkly thread on British Expats, it was getting too big so one of their moderators split it. The recent half is all here:

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!! - Page 22 : British Expat Discussion Forum

We've got a newer version of this Poms in Oz CPV thread as well:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58503-all-new-cpv-thread.html

I'm just about to post some new information on the new Poms in Oz one but I want a break and a few sips of wine first considering that it is Friday night!

Cheers

Gill

Guest mombie58@hotmail.com

thanks Gill for your response - I am a brit but am emigrating from canada - will be in touch requesting more info I am sure - thanks again-audie

Am applying on 175 category (1276 form) .Want my parent to migrate alongwith me- can I apply 47 A for my parent as dependants .any tips/advise - Tks

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Gollywobbler
Am applying on 175 category (1276 form) .Want my parent to migrate alongwith me- can I apply 47 A for my parent as dependants .any tips/advise - Tks

Hello Vik

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I am sooooo sorry that nobody noticed your query until Steve Taylor spotted it yesterday.

Where are you from, please, and is your parent wholly or substantially dependent on you financially? Are you the only child?

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Steve Taylor

I have posted an application for Contributory Parent Visa for me mother who lives in the UK from Adelaide ( thats where i live ) to the Perth Office .

My mother sent me her completed Form 40 along with the documents and I attached my form 40PA along with the required documents . It was received at the Perth Office on 11 th June .

Can you please tell me to whom will the acknowledegement be sent i.e. to my address in Adelaide or to my mothers adress in the UK.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Steve

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hi Steve

If you are acting on your mothers behalf then I would think that the acknowledgement would come to you. I was the AOS sponsor for my parents last year and am happy to help if I can.

I have posted an application for Contributory Parent Visa for me mother who lives in the UK from Adelaide ( thats where i live ) to the Perth Office .

My mother sent me her completed Form 40 along with the documents and I attached my form 40PA along with the required documents . It was received at the Perth Office on 11 th June .

Can you please tell me to whom will the acknowledegement be sent i.e. to my address in Adelaide or to my mothers adress in the UK.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

I assume you mean that you included the form 40 that had been completed by you with the form 47PA that was signed by your mother:

Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 143)

If you mother has not appointed anyone formally to act for her (see the form 47PA) all hard copy correspondence will be sent to her at her postal address.

Best regards.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I have a friend who has two children living in Oz and they will be applying for PR in August and she has asked me to find out where she stands on staying in OZ on a long term tourist visa.

1) She is at the moment staying in oz on a 12 month tourist visa.

2) She will be applying for a CPV when here two children have PR

3) I have read somewhere that she would be able to apply for a 12 month visa and that it would extended when she applys for a CPR,

Thanks

Les

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Les

Nice to hear from you again. How's things?

Is the mother single? How many children does she have altogether and where do all of the children live, please?

The lady is currently in Oz on a subclass 676 visa, it seems.

When does the sc 676 visa expire and is it subject to Condition 8503 - no further stay?

Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 52b. Waiving Visa Condition 8503 - "No Further Stay"

If 8503 has been imposed, the chances are that it will not be possible to get DIAC to lift this Condition. If DIAC will not lift Condition 8503 then the lady cannot make a valid application for a CPV or for any other visa at all if her feet are on Australian soil at the time when DIAC receive the next visa application. The purpose of C8503 is to force the lady to go offshore if she wishes to apply for a further visa of any sort.

How old is the lady, please? Is she or will she soon become eligible for a Contributory Aged Parent visa instead?

Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 884)

If she would be eligible for a CAPV then that alters how she might wish to play the rest of the game. At the moment, in the nicest possible way, this mother is trying to put the cart before the horse!

Does she need both of the children to obtain PR before she can apply for a CPV? That is, does she have three or four children in total? How many, please?

One thing the lady should NOT do is to make any presumptions about how DIAC will handle future appliications for further subclass 676 visas. They are NOT designed as a means of "living in Australia" as opposed to "just visiting." It is unwise to try to take a mile if one has only been offered an inch.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

Good to see that you are still involved, we are ok and still waiting for our CO should be about the end of the year.

We have just come back from a 3 month stay and while we were there our son and his partner presented us with a grandson we are over the moon and can't wait to get back

The mother is Divorced, she has two children both live and work in Adelaide and both are applying for PR in August

She is 60 years old and has lived in Oz on and off for the last two years and is looking at the best options to be able to stay.

I think that the 676 expires some time next year I will confirm this asap

Best Wishes

Les

Archived