Hope Lucas

Need Citizenship, Lost British Passport

Hi all,

I need to apply for my Australian citizenship. However, it appears I've lost my British passport.

I seriously don't have the money to pay for both a citizenship ($230) and a new British passport ($270) what with being a poor uni student and all.

Does anyone know if passports are absolutely required? If so, I'm in a spot of bother.

You don't necessarily need a British passport, but once you have Australian citizenship, you will need an Australian passport if you want to travel overseas. Australian citizens are required to always leave and enter Australia on an Australian passport or travel document. The UK is less fussy and you can enter the UK on an Australian passport but as a UK citizen provided you can prove that you hold that citizenship.

I think the op means when actually applying for citizenship. I'm just about ready to apply, and from what I remember that was one of the essentials.

Has two beautiful Aussie little girls :-)

I think the op means when actually applying for citizenship. I'm just about ready to apply, and from what I remember that was one of the essentials.

Ah, I see. Sorry OP, misunderstood what you were asking.