Guest mitch10

how long before the pets come and any recommended pet relocaters urgently needed!!!!!

Guest mitch10

can any one help me!!! i have adog and a cat who are coming to oz with the family only thing is we are coming out fast due to husband relocated from work at last minute he leaves on the 1st of may with me and kids/pets following as soon as we can.. does anyone know how long it will take our pets to get sorted out to travel and who should we trust them to at the airport??? any advice pleassseeeee thankyou michelle

..our vets dont seem to know what to do with the animals and cant give me a time limit i am worried i will be left behind for 6 months while matt is already there.. i have no one to leave them with while they are being processed..

Hiya

Firstly sit down and take a deep breath and don't panic.

We used PetairUK to ship our dog out here. If you do a search you will find other recommended shippers also.

Most shippers will do all the required paperwork for you, though if you do it yourself it's slightly cheaper.

Once you've arranged a shipper and if you decide to do your own paperwrk, they will help guide you through it anyway.

Firstly your dog needs a microchip. You / shipper need to apply for an import permit. For this you need to have a microchip number.

They say to allow four weeks for this to come through but ours come through quicker than that.

Then you or shipper need to book a quarantine place. This you can't do until you have your import permit.

For now I say, sort yourself out with a shipper you are happy with and take it from there.

You can go to the AQIS website and get all the details from there. It really isn't as daunting as it all sounds.

One major thing I would like to say is, if your dog is due for vaccinations, make sure your vet doesn't give the LEPTO vaccine. Please make doubly sure. Dogs have been put back months because of that and I'm sure a few guys on here will give you their own experiences of this.

You didn't say where you are flying to. I know there isn't usually a problem with quarantine places in Sydney. Perth however is much smaller and I do believe they get booked up for months in advance,so please bear this in mind also.

Gimme a shout if you need any more help.

Regards

Debs x x

We used pets on the move with our cat. One of the major stumbling blocks if you're coming to Perth is that the Quarantine station at Byford isn't that big and as a result gets booked up pretty quickly, so if you enquire now, you may find there's not a place available for a few months. If you use a pet courier they will do this for you.

Ali

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Guest Helaine

we are using airpets they are based near heathrow and will sort everything out for you...mind you its going to cost £2200 to take the dog.

just make sure the dog has its booster but leave out the lepto one...sorry cant help with the cat.

good luck

Hi Mitch

Once again i have to recommend Golden Arrow Shippers based in Shropshire-no web site i think as its word of mouth. They walk you through the whole lot and you dont worry about a thing apart from getting your animal to the vets on the days required (which they will tell you) watch out for the lepto though (ask).

Georgie

Guest mitch10

thanks guys

i will have a look round for the relocators we are moving to sydney so thats where they will be quarantened hopefully!! can i just ask what the lepto thing is naivly i have not heard the vet mention this although they dont seem to know much at the minute as to what jabs the pets need i have been told they have a blood test but not much else should i find a different vets maybe??

Hiya Mitch.

The Lepto vaccine is given routinely in with all the other vaccines. I.E Distemper/ Parvo etc etc.

Don't however be fooled into letting your vet tell you that they can't leave out the Lepto vaccine as it is given all in one shot.

This happened to another dog on this forum and it isn't true.

Honestly some vets never cease to amaze me.

This is the 21 st Century, can't they do their own research on the internet as to what the dog needs and what it doesn't need. It really isn't rocket science.

Go with finding your shipper first Mitch and they will guide you through the whole process.

Debs x

Guest mitch10

thanks debs you have been really really helpful i will look into it tango is up to date on her jabs but goes in 3 weeks for rabies jab i hope that doesnt mean she has already had lepto one is it routine with normal vaccinations over here?? could she have already had it in her first jabs as she is only a pup 10 months..cant remember what they have over here now i will have to look at her vac certs aagghhh:goofy:

Hiya Mitch

Yes the Lepto vaccine is give routinely in the puppy jabs and in the annual boosters.

As you dog is 10 months old the Lepto vaccine shouldn't cause a problem with the blood tests.

What I did want to ask though is. Are you in the UK atm?

If you are, why is your dog having a rabies jab. They don't need a rabies shot to come over to Australia

Regards

Debs x

Guest mitch10
Hiya Mitch

Yes the Lepto vaccine is give routinely in the puppy jabs and in the annual boosters.

As you dog is 10 months old the Lepto vaccine shouldn't cause a problem with the blood tests.

What I did want to ask though is. Are you in the UK atm?

If you are, why is your dog having a rabies jab. They don't need a rabies shot to come over to Australia

Regards

Debs x

hi debs

im going by what the vet has said they are booked in on the 16th to have a rabies shot..the vet said they had to have a rabies shot .

do they not need these then???

Hiya Mitch

No your dog doesn't need a rabies shot because it is coming from a rabies free country to a rabies free country.

If you go to this site you can download all the requirements you need.

Category 2: 30 days quarantine in Australia - DAFF

I managed to find this for you also on the same site. This was taken as the country of origin as the UK as obviously there will be different regulations and vaccinations depending on which country the dog is being exported from.

Step 8: General Vaccinations

Time frame: Between 1 year and 14 days prior to export.

Vaccinations must be valid for the entire quarantine period in Australia. If the general vaccinations expire prior to your pet’s release from quarantine, booster vaccinations will be administered at the owner’s expense. All vaccinations must be administered within an ‘AQIS’ approved country.

Dogs must be vaccinated against distemper, infectious hepatitis, canine parvovirus (parvo), para-influenza and Bordetella bronchiseptica (kennel cough). If Bordetella bronchiseptica (kennel cough) vaccination is not available in the country of origin, dogs may be vaccinated for kennel cough on arrival in Australia at the owner’s expense.

Note: Vaccination against Leptospira interrogans are not recommended as they can interfere with testing which may result in your dog/s being ineligible for export to Australia.

Your pet will not be permitted entry into Australia without a valid AQIS import permit.

You do not have to complete the Rabies Vaccination and Rabies Neutralising Antibody Titre Test Declaration (RNATT) form as a part of the application.

Hope this helps Mitch. If I was you I would print off the whole lot and take it to your vet or failing that find a vet that can actually be bothered finding out for themselves what the dog needs or doesn't need to get into Australia.

Debs x x

Guest Invisible Fish
we are using airpets they are based near heathrow and will sort everything out for you...mind you its going to cost £2200 to take the dog.

just make sure the dog has its booster but leave out the lepto one...sorry cant help with the cat.

good luck

We used Airpets and they were fantastic. Catherine was an absolute gem.

We used Airpets and they were fantastic. Catherine was an absolute gem.

hi

we used airpets for our cat and they were very good.

scott

I have the body of an eighteen year old. I keep it in the fridge.

Spike Milligan

Hi Mitch

Once again i have to recommend Golden Arrow Shippers based in Shropshire-no web site i think as its word of mouth. They walk you through the whole lot and you dont worry about a thing apart from getting your animal to the vets on the days required (which they will tell you) watch out for the lepto though (ask).

Georgie

I fully agree with you 100% as we used Golden Arrow and they were fantastic, all we did was sign the papers necessary and they did everything else :yes::v_SPIN:

Lynne :jiggy:

did you have to apply for the export and import permits yourselves or did the agenct do it all for you? i have got a really good quote off one of them but i have to get the permits myself i think? and ive read the forms and it is baffling me!

Golden Arrow do all that for you and they tell you when to get dogs bloods etc you litterally only have to sign and fill in minimal forms,

golden

arrow do all the permits book the pets flights etc so nothing for you to do :yes::cute:

Lynne :jiggy:

Guest Aggie

I went with airpets and they were great.Firstly make sure your vet is goverment approved to carry out the nessesary requirements for your pets (not all vets are) Get in touch with defra for all the forms and information you will need you can also phone them there realy helpfull and will give you lots of help.

If you get on top of this right away your pets could be ready to leave with you if not a couple of days later. Good luck Aggie