Team Rennolds

does my occupation fit?

Hi All

We've looked at the TRA website & other immigration related sites as well but cant figure out where we stand. Please could someone help us out with a query?

I am a manager of one of the orange retail stores (mobile communications) in the UK, and i was wondering if this falls under any of the titles listed in the Skilled Occupation List? I have seeked advice from the TRA but they say they cant help due to the amount of queries they receive.

We can't see another way for us to qualify unless our occupation appears on the list. Is this the case?

Thanks

M&C

:arghh:

Applied Sept 2009 but held up by visa priority changes. Had 2 babies and then found job sponsor Nov 2011. Visa Granted Jan 2012. Arrived April 2012 & Loving It.

Guest miss m
Hi All

We've looked at the TRA website & other immigration related sites as well but cant figure out where we stand. Please could someone help us out with a query?

I am a manager of one of the orange retail stores (mobile communications) in the UK, and i was wondering if this falls under any of the titles listed in the Skilled Occupation List? I have seeked advice from the TRA but they say they cant help due to the amount of queries they receive.

We can't see another way for us to qualify unless our occupation appears on the list. Is this the case?

Thanks

M&C

:arghh:

Hey!

General managers and sales & marketing managers are on the list - would your profession fall into those??? Here is the link http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

Not sure what certification you would need for this. Im a podiatrist so its pretty straight forward but long winded for me.

Does orange operate in australia? Would they be able to sponsor you to transfer if they do?

Hey!

General managers and sales & marketing managers are on the list - would your profession fall into those??? Here is the link http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

Not sure what certification you would need for this. Im a podiatrist so its pretty straight forward but long winded for me.

Does orange operate in australia? Would they be able to sponsor you to transfer if they do?

Thank you for the feedback. How do we find out what they term as a general manager or a sales & marketing manager?

thats what is confusing us, as we dont know where to get those answers.

If i do fall under one of those titles then i'm in on 120 points + but not sure how to find out, as none of the immigration bodies will give you feedback on individual cases.

Has anyone out there got any experience of this problem, and the answer whether a retail manager with years of experience falls under the above headings?

Applied Sept 2009 but held up by visa priority changes. Had 2 babies and then found job sponsor Nov 2011. Visa Granted Jan 2012. Arrived April 2012 & Loving It.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Team Rennolds

The list you are looking for is here:

A-Z Occupations List - Australian Skills Recognition Information

Your best bet, by miles, is to speak with some firms of Registered Migration Agents because they have the experience to know whether or not skilled independent migration is a viable possibility for you.

Here are a couple of good firms which would not try to charge you for 10-15 minutes on the phone:

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Visa, Tax, and Financial Planning for Australia

Registered Australian Migration Agents, UK - Ian Harrop and Associates

If you want to try to go it alone then you must study the DIAC website with immense care.

Please see here:

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Information Booklets - Applications & Forms - Visas & Immigration

Best wishes

Gill

thanks again Gill

another avenue to look down. that list was really useful by the way!

m&c

Guest vicki28

Hi Team Rennolds,

It sounds like you are in a similar situation to us.

My OH has got 14 years experience working in retail, most recently as a commercial manager for a large department store. We were hoping to get to australia on the back of his experience as I am a solicitor and it looks like it is going to be a very long and hard process if we go on the back of mine!

I was wondering whether you had made any progress to see whether it is possible to go on the back of retail experience alone (no formal qualifications/degree etc). We have just started looking and have drawn a bit of a blank so would be grateful for any information you may have found already.

Thanks in advance.

p.s looks like you are only 30 miles down the M62 from us. We are in Liverpool!

Guest snoo

Hi Vicki

My OH who is the main applicant has been an operations/production manager for many years, but like you say, that's a bit vague when translating to points!! BUT fortunately he had the brains to get himself off to college for 5 years (whilst working fulltime and dealing with a young family!! Believe me, it was TOUGH!!!).....thus aquiring an MBA!! And lowe and behold....5years later this qualification has given us 50 points to emigrate!!

So as you are a solicitor surely you have some qualifications above a degree? Maybe that would be the way in?

And don't forget the extra points from the IELTS you can sit!!

Hi Team R.

As Gill says, your best bet is to speak to an agent, free of charge, just to know where you sit on the points table....I think you will be surprised!! We didn't think we would have a cat in hell's chance....and here we are, waiting for a case officer!! Crazy!! Sometimes there's something you haven't even thought about that will give you points that an agent will be able to advise you off in minutes!!

Good luck and let us know how you get on, Lisa,x