Malaysian Airways Jet feared crashed - 6 Australians on board

Parley

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The FBI believe they were part of a human smuggling, as they were headed to different parts in Europe. One was headed to Frankfurt and the other was going to Copenhagen.

Or to be precise they held onward tickets to Europe. Whether they intended going on to Europe is unknown.

As pointed out earlier, China does require entrants to have an onward ticket, so they may have needed these just to get their ticket to China.

Even if they were planning to blow up the aircraft. Nothing proven yet.

I think the stolen passports is a red herring. No-one is claiming responsibility if it was a deliberate act. In my mind it has to be an accident. A sudden loss of decompression could cause the pilots to be overcome, or the plane dropped out of the sky perhaps stalling (like Air France flight from Rio).

I hope they can locate the black boxes so we can find out exactly what happened.

That's odd. Previously they said they were purchased together in Thailand.

Yes, purchased together in Thailand by an Iranian man - not someone in Iran - who had had previous dealings with that particular travel agency. Possibly another people smuggling racket - using stolen European passports to get migrants illegally into Europe

Didn't we hear that the plane disappeared from radar at 35,000 feet.

If it had been mechanical failure where it stalled and dived into the ocean I think that would have been picked up on radar, and also you would expect some communication from the plane to Air Traffic Control that they were in trouble.

The fact that it disappeared from radar without trace, and with no communication from the pilots, I think implies an unexpected catastrophic explosion in the air.

Don't nit-pick. You know the point I'm making. Wouldn't it have been picked up by radar if it nose-dived into the sea ?

not nit picking....if you are going to make a statement at least get it technically correct......as to "nose diving" from altitude......yes it would be....if it had still been in radar coverage.......I don't actually know if it was or wasn't. I........along with EVERYONE else have no idea what has occurred so I am not going to speculate.

There was a very knowledgeable lady interviewed on Tv yesterday - sorry I didn't get her name or anything but she was impressive - and they asked her about rumours that the plane had made a sharp right turn just before disappearing off the screens, which would seem to perhaps point more to a stall situation. Also on the BBC news site today it says "None of the debris and oil slicks spotted in the water so far have proven to be linked to the disappearance." Now using Chinese satellites to help the search, and widening the search area to take into account if the pilot had tried to turn back towards KL.

Wouldn't it have been picked up by radar if it nose-dived into the sea ?

On the Guardian Australia website there's some technical info about the radar system being used at the time and what would, or wouldn't, have been picked up.

Germany?? They were on the wrong plane, then. China is a bit of a trek from Germany! I read somewhere that a few people had managed to successfully dial their relatives' phones, which actually rang out a few times. Couldn't they have somehow traced the mobile signals...? (presumably the batteries would be flat by now, though). If the plane had "disintegrated at 35'000 feet" (as speculated in the media), wouldn't the explosion have been picked up by satellites...?

Germany?? They were on the wrong plane, then. China is a bit of a trek from Germany!

The travel agent was asked for cheap tickets to Europe. Sometimes that does not involve the most direct route but a surprisingly indirect one.

And if it was a case of illegal migration, some routes may be riskier than others so you choose a route which does not arouse suspicion.

Just saw an interview on Ch9 with a young woman talking about one of the aircraft's pilots. She claims her and a friend (both very attractive, sexy blondes) were pulled out of a boarding queue and asked if they would like to spend the flight in the cockpit with the pilots and of course they said yes despite suspecting it was a severe breach of regulations. Hope the pilots were thinking with their big heads and not their little heads.

Just saw an interview on Ch9 with a young woman talking about one of the aircraft's pilots. She claims her and a friend (both very attractive, sexy blondes) were pulled out of a boarding queue and asked if they would like to spend the flight in the cockpit with the pilots and of course they said yes despite suspecting it was a severe breach of regulations. Hope the pilots were thinking with their big heads and not their little heads.

Ok......it was on A Current Affair..................mystery of the disappearance of MH370 has been solved..........FFS

please let that be a wind up.......

Malaysian Airlines has always had a wonderful reputation, but this may take them a decade to recover from.

Will people still fly with them I wonder ?

I remember the bad reputation United Airlines got going back 20 years or so. I'm not sure they really recovered.

@itchyfeet76 yes - there is a flash detection system that registers nuclear explosions around the world that i think can pick up smaller ones too. I believe they said at the weekend nothing had been picked up, but they've asked nuclear experts today to double check for any evidence of explosions.

I am sure that I read in one of the online papers on Thursday or Friday (can't remember which?), that China were pissed at North Korea because one of their missiles had narrowly missed a South China Airlines plane last Tuesday? I wonder if it could be related to North Korea? Kim Jong Un does seem to be a bit of a loose cannon.