Malaysian Airways Jet feared crashed - 6 Australians on board

Parley

It is terrible isn't it, and I really feel for the family and friends who are left not knowing what happened. The risk of terrorism whilst flying has never really concerned me, and I know that aircraft are safe as a mode of transport. I just reckon that there is a higher chance of a terrorist attack on a packed commuter train in the middle of a large station, because there are far more security checks when flying than when catching the train.

I hope that they manage to find out what happened quickly, so that the families can have some answers.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Definitely sounds like terrorism. Most of the people on board were Chinese. China is having problems with Islamic separatists - last weeks stabbing rampage killed 33 people. Malaysia is an Islamic country with extremists of their own. If they know two people had false passports why were they allowed on board? My guess is that the aircraft was deliberately crashed.

Definitely sounds like terrorism.....

.... If they know two people had false passports why were they allowed on board?

But no one has claimed responsibility...and there's no point in committing an act of terrorism unless you draw attention to your grievances. The propaganda aspect is the most important to terrorists.

How would they know people had false passports? AFAIK there is no register of stolen passports at international airports.

And passports have to be reissued to the people from whom they were stolen. It's not the job of airline staff to determine whether you are the real Lambethlad or the fake one with his (previously) stolen passport.

Such a tragedy. Since the pilots have not reported a problem to air traffic control only two possibilities as far as I can see.

1. The airplane had a catastrophic failure. This could be explosion of some kind either structural failure or dare i say it a deliberate act.

2. The plane fell out of the sky. But since there were no comms by the pilots hard to see this happening. Pilots would either have to be unconscious or heavily subdued to not report a problem.

in any case a very sad day for aviation and my heart goes out to the families involved.

Edited by jasepom

There seems to be no need for the National Transportation Safety Board, Boeing investigators or the combined Aviation Safety Bureaus of Malaysia,Vietnam and China.....it seems the "aviation experts" of PIO already have it solved :yes:

I feel for everyone potentially affected by this. I think you have flown as your career? both my husband and I have worked for airlines, me as a hostess and husband a pilot in the RAF before commercial. We have both lost several friends over the years in aircraft accidents, and words can't adequately express the shock and sadness.

i wouldn't presume to venture an opinion on what might have happened, there are experts for that, but a small part of me clings to a bit of hope, until proved otherwise.

I feel for everyone potentially affected by this. I think you have flown as your career? both my husband and I have worked for airlines, me as a hostess and husband a pilot in the RAF before commercial. We have both lost several friends over the years in aircraft accidents, and words can't adequately express the shock and sadness.

i wouldn't presume to venture an opinion on what might have happened, there are experts for that, but a small part of me clings to a bit of hope, until proved otherwise.

Same as your husband except of course I was with the RAAF..................who knows what happened.......that is why we have crash investigators but mindless speculation will determine nothing. I admire your hope but unfortunately the loss of an aircraft at altitude is not survivable.

Same as your husband except of course I was with the RAAF..................who knows what happened.......that is why we have crash investigators but mindless speculation will determine nothing. I admire your hope but unfortunately the loss of an aircraft at altitude is not survivable.

Sadly I know you are right.

But no one has claimed responsibility...and there's no point in committing an act of terrorism unless you draw attention to your grievances. The propaganda aspect is the most important to terrorists.

How would they know people had false passports? AFAIK there is no register of stolen passports at international airports.

And passports have to be reissued to the people from whom they were stolen. It's not the job of airline staff to determine whether you are the real Lambethlad or the fake one with his (previously) stolen passport.

I think you will find that if a passport is reported as lost or stolen its number will be recorded in a database of stolen passports. And it should be flagged if the passport is ever presented. Im sure this would happen in the U.S. but maybe in Malaysia their systems may not be as sophisticated.

Also Im sure if you report your passport lost or stolen and apply for a new one you will get one with a new number. And as i said if the old one is presented at airports it should set off alarms or red flags.

Guest john16
There seems to be no need for the National Transportation Safety Board, Boeing investigators or the combined Aviation Safety Bureaus of Malaysia,Vietnam and China.....it seems the "aviation experts" of PIO already have it solved :yes:

PPRUNE solved this one aready.

PPrune is now unfortunately over run with "experts" who have to stop playing FSX just long enough to point out the cause of the latest accident or post the weather or flight track info for the umpteenth time. They are close to 40 pages of drivel on this accident already, and having just looked are banging on about etickets and terrorists boarding aircraft with passports that were stolen to order. The Asiana thread is close to the size of a large novel.

PPrune is now unfortunately over run with "experts" who have to stop playing FSX just long enough to point out the cause of the latest accident or post the weather or flight track info for the umpteenth time. They are close to 40 pages of drivel on this accident already, and having just looked are banging on about etickets and terrorists boarding aircraft with passports that were stolen to order. The Asiana thread is close to the size of a large novel.

Yes you're right, when I first found Pprune many years ago it was basically for who it was designed, aviation professionals. However, now it is mostly populated by Microsoft Flight Sim experts and other assorted w@nkers which is why so many of us old hands no longer frequent said forum.

Yes you're right, when I first found Pprune many years ago it was basically for who it was designed, aviation professionals. However, now it is mostly populated by Microsoft Flight Sim experts and other assorted w@nkers which is why so many of us old hands no longer frequent said forum.

Fully agree Les. The military forum can still be funny on occasions, but some take bitter and twisted to a whole new level. The walts generally "out" themselves very early on that forum.

Of course there are some of you with a lot more inside knowledge...but for the likes of us normal plane passengers it is quite worrying, that stolen passports have been used.

Ive mentioned this before on here, but a few years back, flying out of Dubai, we were stopped from checking in...because they said we had already checked in and did this as a party of five!!

We had a stopover in Dubai, just the two of us. Onwards flights had been booked separately, we hadn't used online check in or anything. After a while not being allowed not to check in, we told our story to someone new, and all of a sudden we were fast tracked thru, no questions asked.

I will admit I was having a go at OH saying something wasnt right, I really Didnt want to board that flight at all.

I so feel for the families involved, and if it highlights any shortcomings on checks with passengers then lhopefully they will be closed down.

Anything else, hopefully the same will happen.

Hi Fifi, forgetting this particular accident for a second, I dont think any self repecting terrorist these days would be using passports of different nationalities, especially if they were stolen a year ago. They are far more sophisticated than that. Someone knowing he can sell it on to someone who has to, or needs to leave the country in a hurry maybe, but not terrorists.

I still find Heathrow most unsecure when it comes to checks. Every time I land at Sydney everyone's passport is checked. The number of times at Heathrow i with many others have been waved through is ridiculous. I even complained once. No wonder the UK has an illegal immigrant problem lol.

Surely in this day n age, every passport should be scanned and verified.

its not the dark ages, if you a have as a country a international terminal, you should have international standards.

but my first thoughts were how many of us, on our travels are just waived through customs, no questions asked

Surely in this day n age, every passport should be scanned and verified.

its not the dark ages, if you a have as a country a international terminal, you should have international standards.

but my first thoughts were how many of us, on our travels are just waived through customs, no questions asked

I wish! I get stopped frisked and even drug swabbed every fricking time from when I was 13! Clearly I look " the type"