shellyk666

Hi, last night my husband completed the tradeSET questionnaire as a Joiner. He's never used computer controlled machinery so ticked 'no' to this question. He also completed his online skill assessment to Vetassess and paid the $600. Now I'm printing off the TradeSET report and can see it's suggesting that computer operated machinery is listed as 'mandatory'! Does this mean his skill assessment will fail?? He's been a joiner for 20 years and none of the workshops have ever used computer controlled machines (CAD)!

Has anyone else not been able to answer 'yes' to all of the TradeSET questions? Did it matter?

The report just states it as 'Skills and evidence I may need' and states that if the report indicates gaps in your skills 'please discuss these with the RTO you select to conduct your skill assessment'. They're not open now and are closed for Labour day on Monday. Can anyone help?! Pretty please??

I even tried to call them but it was too late in the day, the telephone message confirmed they were closed on Monday due to Labour Day. I managed to find some info on Vic Uni website which confirms that you need to pass 80% of the critical competencies to be successful, I assume that they would apply the same rules as Vetassess?? If that's the case I expect the outcome will be successful, although it's a worry I could do without! I have sent the certified evidence off via DHL this afternoon and will await the outcome. If anyone has experienced this and could put my mind at rest it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...