189 March 2014 lodge gang

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does submitting an EOI in March count? I just did, 75 points. The next invite round is next week, so here's hoping.

You ll surely get the ITA on 24th March. I received mine as soon as the clock turned 12 midnight Australian time.

Are you going to apply immediately?

You ll surely get the ITA on 24th March. I received mine as soon as the clock turned 12 midnight Australian time.

Are you going to apply immediately?

Pretty much, yeah. As far as I'm aware, I have everything ready to go for mine, and it's hopefully a simple open and shut case. Just me, all the docs in place and ready, and as you can see, 75 points. Obviously there's the medicals and PCC, but I'll get those as soon as I apply.

Hello group members,

I need a word of advise with my case. I submitted my EOI on 15th March for both 189 & 190 Visas. Today I received an invitation from Queensland for State Nomination. For this, the documents/information has to be submitted by 1st of April. On the other hand, the next round of invites for 189 is on 24th March. If I wait to see the results till 24th that whether I get an invitation or not for 189, it will not give me sufficient time to prepare & submit the Queensland application.

Can anyone advise, what should I be doing at this point?

Regards,

Ali

Hi Guys !

I have couple of questions .

I have submitted an EOI with 60 points (189 visa) on 19th Feb 2014 and my occupation (ANZCO 233411, Electronics Engineer) has reached it's ceiling limit already.

I have a work positive skills assessment from Engineers Australia and I fall under IELTS band 7 score.

I have already resigned my job and am waiting for the invitation . I see that my occupation is under a lot of demand. Is there any hope to get an invitation within July for 189 ?

I am planning to apply for 190 as well . Can anyone please let me know which state is offering sponsorship for my occupation ?(ANZCO 233411, Electronics Engineer) ?

Thanks in Advance !

I've been doing all of mine through an agent. Adds a bit to the costs but takes the pain and pressure off so well worth it. We thought that is costs so much cash to get the visa, it's worth the little more to make sure it's right.

I'm slightly concerned about the medicals but will cross that bridge when I have to

Edited by Swamps

I've been doing all of mine through an agent. Adds a bit to the costs but takes the pain and pressure off so well worth it. We thought that is costs so much cash to get the visa, it's worth the little more to make sure it's right.

I'm slightly concerned about the medicals but will cross that bridge when I have to

Best of luck Swamps, didn't want to pay for an agent myself, I'm relatively organised, and mine should be a fairly simple application hopefully.

A bit premature, but I decided to organise my medicals. I'm in this Thursday in Manchester. I figured that unless there's a humungous delay in granting the visa, i/e/ not before the end of the year or something, then I'd have not just validated by then, but moved long before so all's good.

Just done my medical. Nothing to it, it was at Bridgewater hospital, Manchester. Staff and Dr Million were lovely. Basically, photo, height, weight, pee in a cup, take off your clothes and be examined, have some blood taken and a chest x-ray which is primarily checking for TB apparantly. They told me they'd submit it tomorrow if all is fine, and if not, call me first to discuss, so that's good, as they won't just submit one that isn't good.

Just done my medical. Nothing to it, it was at Bridgewater hospital, Manchester. Staff and Dr Million were lovely. Basically, photo, height, weight, pee in a cup, take off your clothes and be examined, have some blood taken and a chest x-ray which is primarily checking for TB apparantly. They told me they'd submit it tomorrow if all is fine, and if not, call me first to discuss, so that's good, as they won't just submit one that isn't good.

Please god all will go ahead for you tomorrow, we have been told to go ahead and book medicals which we have done now and waiting appointment here in Ireland. Booked for the 9th of April.

Hello group members,

I need a word of advise with my case. I submitted my EOI on 15th March for both 189 & 190 Visas. Today I received an invitation from Queensland for State Nomination. For this, the documents/information has to be submitted by 1st of April. On the other hand, the next round of invites for 189 is on 24th March. If I wait to see the results till 24th that whether I get an invitation or not for 189, it will not give me sufficient time to prepare & submit the Queensland application.

Can anyone advise, what should I be doing at this point?

Regards,

Ali

I know my reply is a bit too late, but if I were you, I would just keep all my documents ready and scanned; and I wud wait for my 189. If i dont get it, I wud upload them on the same night itself..

Anyway, did u get your 189 ITA?

Please god all will go ahead for you tomorrow, we have been told to go ahead and book medicals which we have done now and waiting appointment here in Ireland. Booked for the 9th of April.

Aye. Dr Million said it was all fine, just the blood and x-ray to check and if it's all fine it'll be uploaded tomorrow, if not they'll call. X-ray was quite funny, wandering around an x-ray lab half naked while the nurses sort stuff out, and eventually have to take 2 x-rays as I'm apparantly "tall and broad, and there's no fat on your ribs, so the plates aren't quite big enough". I think they just wanted me half naked for longer. ;)

On uploading of meds, they change status to "No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on..." Its really stupid.. First I thought, I wasted my resources in getting the meds done.. But then I realized that it means all our health parameters are normal...! :mad:

On uploading of meds, they change status to "No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on..." Its really stupid.. First I thought, I wasted my resources in getting the meds done.. But then I realized that it means all our health parameters are normal...! :mad:

That's useful information, thank you!

ETA: PCC was applied for yesterday, the 26th by the way. Trying to get everything done as I'm going over anyway in May, and if I can get the grant before then, it'll validate my visa. If not, I'll be moving 3 months from grant anyway so timescales should work out nicely anyway.

Edited by gtaylor30

That's useful information, thank you!

ETA: PCC was applied for yesterday, the 26th by the way. Trying to get everything done as I'm going over anyway in May, and if I can get the grant before then, it'll validate my visa. If not, I'll be moving 3 months from grant anyway so timescales should work out nicely anyway.

I envy you for knowing where you are going to go in Oz.. I am yet to figure out which state to go to, then comes the city, then the neighborhood... arrghhh! thats a lot of planning to do.