Brisbane Drinks this Saturday

Guest BrisbaneBevan

Guest BrisbaneBevan

Do any blokes fancy a meet up this Saturday 8th March for a few drinks. I was thinking of trying some local craft ales brewed on site and served up at The Green Beacon, Teneriffe. (26 Helen St.)

Check out the website at: greenbeacon(dot)com(dot)au

Not been there myself yet, but the pics on their website show a large room with plenty of brewing vessels. If anyone has been, let me know what you think.

I'll be there from 2pm on Saturday if anyone wants to join? Just reply or PM me so we're not the only people at the bar studiously ignoring each other ;-)

Cheers!

Guest The Pom Queen

You would think there is someone out there. The problem is a lot of people miss the posts and only check the front page. Maybe if you are holding another one let me know and I can add them in to the newsletter.

You would think there is someone out there. The problem is a lot of people miss the posts and only check the front page. Maybe if you are holding another one let me know and I can add them in to the newsletter.

Yes that's correct Queen, I shut my work laptop down at 5'ish and that's it, need to bump it up regularly.

Sorry Brisbane Bevan but can't make it myself, though I do not drink (beer) much these days I do like and appreciate a good beer/ale/stout, so might give it a go sometime, can you let us know of your opinion after your visit.

Cheers

Keith

Guest BrisbaneBevan
Tipplers tap and newstead brewing are both worth a trip and within 2 minutes walk too. Newstead has become a hub of micro breweries

Nice one, thanks. May as well try those afterwards. It would be rude not to

Guest BrisbaneBevan

At this rate, I'm gonna be propped up at the bar, all bitter and twisted.. on a mission to get totally tanked up. Same as usual then ;-) lol.

At this rate, I'm gonna be propped up at the bar, all bitter and twisted.. on a mission to get totally tanked up. Same as usual then ;-) lol.

Every pub has it's regular 'pub drunk' don't want to be labeling you now do we:eek:, you could always get a blow-up doll to talk to, though they won't answer back, they do give a bit of lip!:biggrin:

Still, let us know what you think of the pub and beers.

Cheers

Keith

Guest BrisbaneBevan

Well I can honestly say that The Green Beacon Brewery is an amazing place. Had a great afternoon trying 11 beers and a cider. The Amber Ale wins the award for the best tipple. Just like drinking in an English pub atmosphere. Very international crowd - met some Germans who were mighty impressed with the beer. It got really busy about 5pm with all the tables full, and a real buzz to the crowd.

A real hidden gem this gaff, I'll definitely be back. Maybe a few PIO folk will come next time?

I would post some pics here, but the image attachment button doesn't seem to want to work.