Any Swedes or foreigners (non Brits) on this forum?

Guest Watersports

Guest Watersports

Yes I know it says Poms in Oz, but one of us is a Pom and one a Swede so here goes with my question.

Probably just being a bit over cautious, but when we received our acknowledgement of our visa it contained a reminder that if you are not from an english speaking country you must have an english test. It didn't say anything about the list of exceptions.

Now in the application it said the same however the exclusion was that if you had a degree from an english speaking country that this was evidence you spoke sufficient English. In our case the swede (he doesn't have a real name :wink: ) does have a degree from England and has also lived here for 10 years so speaks better English then most of us!

I'm fairly sure we have this covered off, but the fact that it put a reminder in our acknowledgement worries me a little so:

a) Is that just a standard email and therefore does everyone get that reminding them to do an english test if not from an english speaking country

b) anyone here from another country who is excluded from doing the test and might be able to put my (paranoid) mind at ease!

Thanks in advance

Archived