Change Parent visa category from 173 to 103

anna123

Hi all

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with below questions.

1. After the grant of parent visa 173, how soon do I need to enter Australia? Do I get an year or more after the initial entry to come permanently?

2. Does the two year temporary stay start from the date of visa grant or the date of initial entry to Australia?

1. If I am to change my parents visa application from 173 to 103, do I need to pay the visa application charges again?

Thank in advance

Anna

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with below questions.

1. After the grant of parent visa 173, how soon do I need to enter Australia? Do I get an year or more after the initial entry to come permanently?

2. Does the two year temporary stay start from the date of visa grant or the date of initial entry to Australia?

1. If I am to change my parents visa application from 173 to 103, do I need to pay the visa application charges again?

Thank in advance

Anna

Hi

1) There is some discussion on this on the parent visa thread on the next to last page which is a sticky at the top of the immigration forum.. You will need to validate your visa within one year from the date of police checks or medicals whichever is sooner. The general consensus seems to be that you get two years from the date of first entry into Australia, although the immigration website says from date of visa grant. However, I am not sure what happens if you validate your visa and then return to the UK. You might want to email the parent visa centre for clarification.

2)

You would need to withdraw the 173 application and put in a new application for the 103, so yes you would need to pay the initial VAC again. I would try posting your query on the parent thread to see if anyone else can answer