You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hi all!

Can anyone PLEASE PLEASE ADVISE on good removal companies for Interstate Moving (Sydney to Perth) ? Need to move within three weeks, before 22nd of March!

We live in Sydney and husband just got told of a new position for him in Perth! :)) and our lease ends on 22/03 hence the urgency of this message. We want to use a company that does everything, packing, putting all in boxes, deliver door to door, the whole lot.

We live in a two bed flat in Neutral Bay but we don't use the second room - only when people come over- and only has six boxes there. We don't have lots of things: a queen size bed, book stand, coffee table, fridge, microwave, small square table for two, TV, sound bar and clothing, books, plates and little bits and bots in the cupboard.

I guess price wise may be around $1,000-$2,000? Is that OK? More, less?

Please, any advice will be hugely appreciated, as we know nothing here and really want to use an excellent reliable company.

Many many thanks!!!

I cant remember the exact figure and I'm now away from my computer to check, but we moved Melbourne to Cairns and I am sure it cost us nearly $5000 and to transport the car up it cost $900 with a different company. We used Crown.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

I think it will be quite a bit more than that, although the small size of the move will help

Try one of the big boys like Grace Removals

Good luck

Its expensive to move to Perth from any state. Costing us $2000 less to move back to Melbourne from Perth than it cost moving from Melbourne to Perth and thats with the same company!

Just checked ours was $6070 and that was the cheapest out of 3 quotes in 2010. Another way if you didn't need the bed and fridge would be to hire a camper van, or a station wagon and drive over yourself.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Many thanks for all your advise you all. Unfortunately, we won't be able to drive as he is expected asap, so we will fly.

So far I have made appointments for a quote with Allied Plickfords, Wridgways, Chess, Crown. I know Pomqueen you have used Crown, so thanks for the advise, but do any know if any of the others is good?

So far we have given phone quotes from $1.500 to $4000 - it seems quite a difference but we are open to selfpacking or have all done by the company depending on the cost and how soon they can collect the goods.

Once again, any advise will be truly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Many thanks for all your advise you all. Unfortunately, we won't be able to drive as he is expected asap, so we will fly.

So far I have made appointments for a quote with Allied Plickfords, Wridgways, Chess, Crown. I know Pomqueen you have used Crown, so thanks for the advise, but do any know if any of the others is good?

So far we have given phone quotes from $1.500 to $4000 - it seems quite a difference but we are open to selfpacking or have all done by the company depending on the cost and how soon they can collect the goods.

Once again, any advise will be truly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Try U Pack http://www.youpack.com.au/?gclid=CM_ppa6A9rwCFU0AvAodsZ4AoA we received a very good quote from them but the downside was we couldn't get insurance because we weren't being packed by a professional. Mind you if you want them to do all the packing and loading for you this wouldn't be any good either.