Oz Citizenship - Identity Declaration - Known people?

lennybloom

hey all,

i was browsing the citizenship website and came acorss the identity declaration requirement as seen at http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/files/pid_docs/occupations_list/

I do not know anyone from that list of designated list of occupants..

I am sure people in here would have had the same issue as well? What did u do instead?

TIA

Lenny

Guest The Pom Queen

Welcome to the forum Lenny. Do you have a bank account that is over a year old? If so there must be someone at the branch who has worked for the bank for 5 years. Any children at school, if so the teachers can probably do it.

Guest The Pom Queen

Lenny to apply for citizenship don't you have to have lived in Australia for ex amount of years, over this time you must have registered with a GP, bank etc.

Gosh, just read this! We're planning to move to Perth next year and are due to apply for citizenship in early 2016. That means as interstate migrants we'd get the same trouble due to not having a GP or someone else on the list to sign the identity requirement.

Maybe get that done before we move or does it have to be 'brand new'?

By the way I know many migrants without a GP and lets hope that the bank doesn't have high staff turnover!

Lenny to apply for citizenship don't you have to have lived in Australia for ex amount of years, over this time you must have registered with a GP, bank etc.

They have to have known you for a year though. I couldn't say anyone in my bank, drs etc knew me. I wouldn't know them if they slapped me in the face.

Look, if you are in absolute desperation, you could contact a solicitors' office and tell them you want someone there to confirm your identity for citizenship purposes in a year's time. I am sure they would keep a record of your identity and introduce you to a couple of their solicitors (in case one leaves). This would all be for a fee - and there are probably ways to work out how to do this more cheaply. But if you are desperate, consider desperate measures.