Please help moving to Gold Coast soon from America and just wanting a few ideas

capnfly

Hello my name is Shyanne and here in about a month I will be moving to Gold Coast from America. I am just wanting a few ideas on places to go and check out to get to know some people and the culture. I am very excited but also a tad bit scared for this move. It would be great if I could get some ideas or maybe some help. Also some help on figuring out my living situation. A few people here have told me I'll just have to find a house mate to live with. They say I should try looking now for friends over there and possible house mates, but I'm really not sure where to look.

Please help. It would be greatly appreciated.

check gumtree for house rentals, you can get a room in a nice house for about $120-$200 a week. Usually with 2-3 other people. Or you can get your own place and get others in. Although I think the best way for you would be to actually get to GC then have a quick look on gum tree and visit the areas you are intrested in. Always people renting rooms for rent in GC, well that's what I found.

I stayed in tugun and Broadbeach for a few weeks each. Both are nice, BB was a lot closer to everything though.

Edited by tingtongman