You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

tonyman

taking Insulin onto a plane ....

my daughter is type 1 diabetic and about to fly on Saturday , will there be any problems regarding the Insulin she needs 4 times per day boarding the plane as its classed as a liquid ...are all airlines aware that its a life saving liquid/ medication ............mrs tonyman has asked me to ask the question ask they don't want any bother in Doha ...........we have a Doctors note too....

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

I would take a prescription too, insulin will be fully understood in Doha though.

Hope the flight goes well for them in these difficult circumstances.

I've never had a problem, I have travelled through a variety of places and I tend to make eye contact and gesture towards my insulin before going through security, this has always done the trick x

Travelled to Australia Holiday and WHV. Quit job to retrain at Uni as a Podiatrist 25/09/2013.

On my journey to applying for 189 in 2016 (if they've not changed again by then lol)

If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it'd be easy, they just promised it would be worth it!

I know people who travel with insulin and other meds on a regular basis, shouldn`t be a problem, especially if you have a doctor`s note with you. Did she travel such a long distance after she was diagnosed? The flight might throw her off balance a little, have some extra insulin and some hard candy with you just in case. That said, a lot of people fly without ever needing to adjust the insulin dose.

IELTS: L 9, R 7.5, W 8.0, S 8.5 overall 8.5

Visa lodged June 27th!, CO July 26th

AHPRA sent July 2nd, LOE August 1st

My mum always gets a letter from the doctor or diabetic nurse before travelling and she never has a problem

Tracey 457 visa applied on 12/6/2012, 457 visa granted 18/07/2012, arrived in Sydney 30/01/2013

186 agreement stream nomination lodged 20/11/13, nomination approved 18th February 2013, application submitted 8th February 2013, 186 visa approved 6th March 2014

My daughter is type 1 and has taken it with her of course, has letter from the doc but no-one has asked to look at it. Not to say they will not look for it though.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

I've noticed that most planes kitted out for longhaul travel have sharps disposal bins in the toilets, presumably for insulin and other injectable medication. You should have no problems.