457 visa - 2014 processing times

aussie

Yes, you can apply for both the 457 and the 189. Keep in mind that whichever visa is granted second, it will over-ride the first one. So if by any chance the 189 was granted first, you'd want to immediately withdraw the 457 application.

Thats great thanks for you help Maggie

Hello Phu truong and others,

I got the best news of the day when i received the email of my visa grant.

Here is my timeline:

Sponsorship and nomination applied : 17th June

Visa Applied : 20th June

Sponsorship approved : 25th June

Medical done : 3rd July

Case officer appointed and asked for additional documents : 16th July

Nomination approved 22nd July

Visa Granted 6th August

Total 6 weeks and 3 days, just a couple of days before, i emailed my case officer and asked him about tentative date of decision as my employer is getting impatient, and after 2 days i got visa approval.

Good luck everyone :) i hope everyone who is in the same waiting phase hear good news soon!!

Cheers

Well, I set early September, it's been 3 month deadline since Jun 3 when the visa application was lodged and I just pray God to bring the good news earlier.

Cheers,

Phu Truong

Edited by shaaq

Hi All

I was hoping if anyone has any more up to date visa processing deadlines. My company already has a sponsorship licence, my nomination and application was made 07/08/14 through a visa agent. We have medical insurance arranged and moving from the UK to Sydney.

We have used a MA but have been less than helpful and feel like I would be hounding them if I asked for an estimate timescale. Can anyone advise please? I am covering a colleague who is due to leave at the end of August.

Thanks in advance!

Hello Shaag,

Sorry for a bit late reply.

Congrats to your visa granted !!! I expect mine is coming soon.

Cheers,

Phu Truong

Hello Phu truong and others,

I got the best news of the day when i received the email of my visa grant.

Here is my timeline:

Sponsorship and nomination applied : 17th June

Visa Applied : 20th June

Sponsorship approved : 25th June

Medical done : 3rd July

Case officer appointed and asked for additional documents : 16th July

Nomination approved 22nd July

Visa Granted 6th August

Total 6 weeks and 3 days, just a couple of days before, i emailed my case officer and asked him about tentative date of decision as my employer is getting impatient, and after 2 days i got visa approval.

Good luck everyone :) i hope everyone who is in the same waiting phase hear good news soon!!

Cheers

LotteB , have u heard anything from immi? I'm kinda on the same boat. Waiting for nomination to be approved.

Hi All

I was hoping if anyone has any more up to date visa processing deadlines. My company already has a sponsorship licence, my nomination and application was made 07/08/14 through a visa agent. We have medical insurance arranged and moving from the UK to Sydney.

We have used a MA but have been less than helpful and feel like I would be hounding them if I asked for an estimate timescale. Can anyone advise please? I am covering a colleague who is due to leave at the end of August.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Lemon Ginger,

Actually yes. On the 19th August I received an email from the MA to say I had a CO appointed and had requested further information which is annoying as the info the MA already had which was my healthcare insurance cert but she hadn't uploaded it. Literally the same day my nomination was approved (19/08) my visa and nomination were submitted on the same day so having my nomination approved and a CO already appointed, I'm hoping it shouldn't be too much longer. What are youtr timescales?

Hello Shaaq and all,

I'm just a newbie, been following the forum, especially this thread for over 3 months. I am also in the same situation "Waiting a 457".

My timeline is Nomination Approved on Jun 3- Visa application lodged: Jun 3 - Medical check uploaded: Jun 11 - Further docs required: Jun 26- Further Work reference & Qualification verification email sent to agent: Jul 3 - Now: Aug 3 waiting.

From Immi. Website, the Visa process will take 3 months since the day of Visa Lodgment (if documents are sufficient). Hope good news comes soon in August.

Cheers,

Phu Truong.

I am so excited today when received Great News: My visa granted!!! plan to fly out to Sydney by mid of October 14.

Wish everyone will be receiving Good News" VISA GRANTED" soon.

Cheers,

Phu Truong

• 2 months later...
I am so excited today when received Great News: My visa granted!!! plan to fly out to Sydney by mid of October 14.

Wish everyone will be receiving Good News" VISA GRANTED" soon.

Cheers,

Phu Truong

Dear all,

I m new for this forum but wanna share my timeline for 457 visa.

Nomination submitted on 2th Sep. 2014

Visa lodged on 15th Sep

Medical on 17th Sep.

Nomination approved on 16th Oct.

The officier requested for more information like form 1221 and more detailed resume.

Submitted on 19th Oct.

But really feel sorry for immi webpage they R too slow on changes or updates.

The last update was on 13th regarding nomination, it still says processing.

How is the process time for current month. Do update people waiting for their visa so can get better idea what's happening.

Thanks,

Fly

Dear all,

I m new for this forum but wanna share my timeline for 457 visa.

Nomination submitted on 2th Sep. 2014

Visa lodged on 15th Sep

Medical on 17th Sep.

Nomination approved on 16th Oct.

The officier requested for more information like form 1221 and more detailed resume.

Submitted on 19th Oct.

But really feel sorry for immi webpage they R too slow on changes or updates.

The last update was on 13th regarding nomination, it still says processing.

How is the process time for current month. Do update people waiting for their visa so can get better idea what's happening.

Thanks,

Fly

are you onshore? my company also submitted the visa nomination on 2nd sept. heard nothing from them. it has been 2 months! im wondering whats going on.

are you onshore? my company also submitted the visa nomination on 2nd sept. heard nothing from them. it has been 2 months! im wondering whats going on.

No I m not onshore. I m doing from Singapore but my MA is on Sydney.

my nomination got approved on 16th sep.

Now waiting for visa to be granted. Any idea how long it takes.

• 3 weeks later...
my nomination was lodged on 2nd sept. 2 months later still recieve nothing. my company called last week and immi couldnt tell why it has been taking so long. they asked my company to relodge thr nomination. this is frustrating

From reading these forums and from people who have been through the process, it can be very hit and miss. your scenario where they appear to have misplaced or dealt with the nomination in a timely manner must be so frustrating and annoying. I see yours is Melbourne, so was mine. so if your company resubmits it now, based on mine it can give you hope that there can be a quick turnaround. on the positive note for you, at least it means you have more time to treasure with family especially over Christmas. im sure it will come, and I truly hope it is dealt with in a more efficient and timely manner this time around. best of luck lemon!!!